Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Ernie »

twinpines wrote:I would be interested in knowing of any churches around the Iron River, MI area.
This is the closest one I know of.

Church name: Pelkie Mennonite Church
Coordinates: 46.80144, -88.618426
Address: Kyro Rd. & Sarya Rd.
City: Pelkie
State: MI
Zip: 49958
County: Baraga
Contact person: Byler, Jonathan (bishop)
Phone: 906-353-8343
Affiliation: Bethel Fellowship
Year est#: 1987
Members: 30
Adherents: 12 households
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Mayberry
Affiliation: Truly Conservative

Post by Mayberry »

Twinpines — I noticed your mention of Dorchester, WI (about 3 hrs away) and the Bethel fellowship church in Pelkie (about an hour away). I am somewhat familiar with both. Pelke is okay, but if time and distance were not the issue I'd pick Dorchester. I say this because I believe Dorchester might be the place known to me as Athens, lead by Lee Rufener.
1 x
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

Mayberry wrote:Twinpines — I noticed your mention of Dorchester, WI (about 3 hrs away) and the Bethel fellowship church in Pelkie (about an hour away). I am somewhat familiar with both. Pelke is okay, but if time and distance were not the issue I'd pick Dorchester. I say this because I believe Dorchester might be the place known to me as Athens, lead by Lee Rufener.
The church in Dorchester I was referring to is basically a Charity church but somewhat less traditional/conservative. While I wouldn't mind a bit more conservative church, its not a bad fit especially as I have an evangelical/fundamentalist background. The church in Dorchester is just a long drive. The pelkie church was just to conservative/rigid as my family is probably more like BMA/keystone in dress and probably moderate-conservative in practice.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Mayberry wrote:I am new here at MennoNet and am glad that the Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information forum exists.

Does anyone know of a conservative Mennonite (or maybe conservative Charity) church in the eastern part of Michigan. I am thinking straight north of Detroit and up to the Saginaw Bay area. I can’t seem to find much of anything.

Thanks!
I know someone who moved to Rosebush, MI. If interested, I could try to find out what sort of church group it is. I’m guessing it is ultra conservative or more probably intermediate conservative. The person I know there used to be a preacher in a intermediate conservative Western Fellowship church in Oregon. I just found out his new home town is Rosebush, MI.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

There are a couple Holdeman Mennonite churches near Newark, MI and a mission type of church recently started in Charlotte, MI. That’s about an hour from Saginaw.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Is anyone familiar with Treasure Valley Mennonite Church in New Plymouth, Idaho? I can't find it on Gameo, does it still exist? And if so, which group does it belong to?
1 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

francis wrote:Is anyone familiar with Treasure Valley Mennonite Church in New Plymouth, Idaho? I can't find it on Gameo, does it still exist? And if so, which group does it belong to?
I'm not familiar with it but I have a Church of God in Christ, Mennonite directory from 2013 that has Treasure Valley Mennonite Congregation listed in New Plymouth, Idaho. Do you want any more information? It has listings of the address and a bunch of phone numbers.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

francis wrote:Is anyone familiar with Treasure Valley Mennonite Church in New Plymouth, Idaho? I can't find it on Gameo, does it still exist? And if so, which group does it belong to?
Yes, that’s Holdeman. I suppose it still exists. There is also a intermediate conservative church in Payette, Idaho about 15 minutes away.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I'm pretty sure this church still exists, and it is listed on GAMEO here:

https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Churc ... nite_(CGC)

It doesn't have any further information.
0 x
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

Are there any Anabaptist churches in the Pennington Gap are of VA?
0 x