Living With Different Views on Pitchpipes

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
PeterG

Re: Living With Different Views on Pitchpipes

Post by PeterG »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:18 pm It's interesting to observe the differences between song leaders - some store their Master Key in the case at all times when not in use, while some just slip it into their pocket.
I know a song leader who keeps his pitch pipe in a little round leather holster on his belt. When I led songs more frequently I used to keep one of mine (I have two; as noted earlier, a backup can be mighty handy) in my church mailbox, which I found very convenient.

For those who don't mind the thought of a used pitch pipe, Master Keys can be had on Ebay for about $10.
0 x
eccentric_rambler
Affiliation: NMB->Ultra

Post by eccentric_rambler »

PeterG wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:11 pm For those who don't mind the thought of a used pitch pipe, Master Keys can be had on Ebay for about $10.
I've seen the inside of a well-used pitch pipe, I'd stick with new. (But I can be more sensitive to the thought of germs than some.)
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:19 pm
PeterG wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:11 pm For those who don't mind the thought of a used pitch pipe, Master Keys can be had on Ebay for about $10.
I've seen the inside of a well-used pitch pipe, I'd stick with new. (But I can be more sensitive to the thought of germs than some.)
May I kindly suggest that if you would blow into the pitch pipe rather than suck on it then what's inside shouldn't matter too much? ;)
0 x
eccentric_rambler
Affiliation: NMB->Ultra

Post by eccentric_rambler »

ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:53 pm
May I kindly suggest that if you would blow into the pitch pipe rather than suck on it then what's inside shouldn't matter too much? ;)
But imagine what will happen when I put the whole pitchpipe in my mouth, with only several holes exposed, to make funny noises to amuse my nephews.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:06 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:53 pm

But imagine what will happen when I put the whole pitchpipe in my mouth, with only several holes exposed, to make funny noises to amuse my nephews.
I don't like to think about it! :o
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Looking at the title of this thread...I didn't know that different views on pitch pipes was something anyone had to live with.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:48 am Looking at the title of this thread...I didn't know that different views on pitch pipes was something anyone had to live with.
Wife: to share or not to share? Sounds too much like greeting on the lips. :?
0 x