Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Re: YT: The Mennonite Mom

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Soloist wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:21 am
Heirbyadoption wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:08 am
Soloist wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:23 pmLJones
Maybe I'm missing something here, as I haven't watched the video yet, but is Larry in the video? We stay in contact a bit, and apparently I'm missing how he got into this particular discussion... :?
I was just referencing the two other blogs I used to read
Gotcha. Unfortunately, Larry & Jenny came into our group (specifically, the OGBBC-NC, one of several Brethren groups often abbreviated as "German Baptist") shortly after their somewhat disenchanting (and extremely brief) Mexico stint with Mike Hari, and it happened to be in the midst of a rather nasty flare-up over church polity in our congregation. They DO seem to be happy in their current Orthodox setting now, but I still grieve the events that led them there - they would have added some much needed diversity (and tremendously enjoyable personality) to our congregation had they stayed.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Heirbyadoption wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:30 amGotcha. Unfortunately, Larry & Jenny came into our group (specifically, the OGBBC-NC, one of several Brethren groups often abbreviated as "German Baptist") shortly after their somewhat disenchanting (and extremely brief) Mexico stint with Mike Hari, and it happened to be in the midst of a rather nasty flare-up over church polity in our congregation. They DO seem to be happy in their current Orthodox setting now, but I still grieve the events that led them there - they would have added some much needed diversity (and tremendously enjoyable personality) to our congregation had they stayed.
Yeah I read much of that in his blog. I wish them well on their journey. I know it is challenging integrating in any conservative group.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Soloist wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:51 am something bothers me about (1) her style of website, maybe I'm just old fashioned... Something about Mennonites using the world's methods to promote websites, sell stuff... this of course would bunny trail your post, I have passively watched (2) http://homejoys.blogspot.com watching her and her husband's decline before he died. I really enjoyed reading (3) Larry's blog but he removed it after his Mexico trip. He's now Orthodox last I spoke to him and seems happier then with the German Baptist.
I was really confused by this, but subsequent posts helped a bit, I think. I added numbers above to clarify how many sites appear to be referenced, 1 being the OP, and to confirm that neither The Mennonite Dad nor Larry Jones has died. Did I get that right?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

ohio jones wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:23 am I was really confused by this, but subsequent posts helped a bit, I think. I added numbers above to clarify how many sites appear to be referenced, 1 being the OP, and to confirm that neither The Mennonite Dad nor Larry Jones has died. Did I get that right?
It takes talent to understand me apparently. Either that or my clear lack of grammar skills. You understood it correctly.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Lynette Yoder

HOMEMAKING AS A MENNONITE MOM OF 4 | BAKING & CLEANING / -25min
✏️ In Description:
Egg bites (shared with permission by Ann Troyer) :
8 eggs
1/2 c. milk
½ tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/2 c. sausage, fried
1/2 c. fried & crumbled bacon
3/4 c. shredded cheese
1/4 c. finely-chopped onions

Instructions:
1. Whisk eggs and milk together, add seasonings and whisk again.
2. Add meats and cheese, stir together, pour into greased muffin pan.
Tip: While baking, if you have a pan of water in the oven, these egg cups will turn out fluffier
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN