Spiritual Fruit Ratings

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Spiritual Fruit Ratings

Post by Sudsy »

This thread is to give your ratings on a 1 to 10 base regarding how well this forum presents the fruit of the Spirit, generally speaking (I realize they vary between posters), in the posts made here. For this thread use the 9 descriptions found in Galatians 5:22-23 as listed here from the ESV. The list can be copied from this post and a 1 to 10 rating be given to each characteristic of the fruit of the Spirit. Comment, when desired, regarding your understanding of any or all of these as I have found varied understandings in commentaries in describing these more explicitly and you may want to share your understanding for the number you gave it. 1 being the poorest represented and 10 being the best represented in our posts here.

Love -
Joy -
Peace -
Patience -
Kindness -
Goodness -
Faithfulness -
Gentleness -
Self-Control -
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Spiritual Fruit Ratings

Post by Szdfan »

I feel like I need some sort of rubric and then I realized you provided one.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I don’t personally find fruit of the spirit in the first or second or my post.
Is it possible that some posts are neutral and neither full of spiritual fruit or negative fruit? I don’t personally see negative fruit in these three posts either.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:24 am This thread is to give your ratings on a 1 to 10 base regarding how well this forum presents the fruit of the Spirit, generally speaking (I realize they vary between posters), in the posts made here.
I feel like I am walking into a trap here, but here goes anyway:

Love - We scrap like siblings but in the end we still love each other. I give it 8.
Joy - Again, another strong 8.
Peace - Gotta downgrade that to a 6. Sorry....
Patience - Overall, other 6. We're too quick to prove ourselves right and don't give the other to explain their position.
Kindness - Same as above, 6.
Goodness - See above.
Faithfulness - I would give this a strong 9. Most here are dedicated to the cause.
Gentleness - You're joking, right? Too much going for the jugular. Not even gonna rate this one.
Self-Control - Most here do well, others do not, Average this out to 7.5.

Lately I've had to abandon threads that I started with good, solid intentions, only for it to get turned into the battel of Gettysburg. Sorry, but not sorry. This shouldn't be the cafeteria in middle school.
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Soloist wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:37 am I don’t personally find fruit of the spirit in the first or second or my post.
Is it possible that some posts are neutral and neither full of spiritual fruit or negative fruit? I don’t personally see negative fruit in these three posts either.
Scripture, seems to me, to use a different term for 'negative fruit' as the opposite of 'Spiritual fruit'. Rather as operating either in 'the Spirit' or operating in 'the flesh' . But whether there is some neutral ground, I tend to think that even though what I post may read as neutral , God knows the intent of my heart in why I am posting what I do post.

There is also what are called works of the flesh - sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these

If I am not intune with the Spirit, I believe there could be one or more of these at work in me. The flesh, for instance, may really want to get in and battle as I may think my arguments are stronger than opposing arguments yet the Spirit says 'don't go there'. Other times the Spirit may lead me to give an opposing understanding but if it is Spirit lead it will not violate a characteristic of the fruit of the Spirit and fall more into one or more of these works of the flesh. In this list I think items such as strife, rivalries, dissensions and others may be overlooked at times.

These are some of my understandings at present and I'm open to discerning other views.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit