Finding a "Kingdom Christian" Church in my Area

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
stngdwtl
Affiliation: Nondenominational

Finding a "Kingdom Christian" Church in my Area

Post by stngdwtl »

This post is for those that are familiar with what I have read and heard referred to as Kingdom Christian beliefs. I am coming from a Protestant / Evangelical background and relatively recently discovered teachings by people such as David Bercot, Finnny Kuruvilla, and Dean Taylor.  I would very much like to find a church with beliefs such as this. I am trying to find a church in the Central Florida area that has these beliefs/teachings and also practices baptism by trine immersion for the remission/forgiveness of sins.  There are some Anabaptist types of churches in or near the area, but none of them have all of these beliefs.  I have found one or more churches that have some or many Kingdom Christian beliefs but do not practice baptism for the remission of sins.  I have also found churches that do teach baptism for the remission of sins but do not teach many (or any) Kingdom Christian beliefs.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Finding a "Kingdom Christian" Church in my Area

Post by Ernie »

Churches as you describe are hard to find, however I can get you in touch with an individual if you PM me with your contact information. Blessings,
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

stngdwtl wrote:This post is for those that are familiar with what I have read and heard referred to as Kingdom Christian beliefs. I am coming from a Protestant / Evangelical background and relatively recently discovered teachings by people such as David Bercot, Finnny Kuruvilla, and Dean Taylor.  I would very much like to find a church with beliefs such as this. I am trying to find a church in the Central Florida area that has these beliefs/teachings and also practices baptism by trine immersion for the remission/forgiveness of sins.  There are some Anabaptist types of churches in or near the area, but none of them have all of these beliefs.  I have found one or more churches that have some or many Kingdom Christian beliefs but do not practice baptism for the remission of sins.  I have also found churches that do teach baptism for the remission of sins but do not teach many (or any) Kingdom Christian beliefs.
Trine immersion and belief in baptismal regeneration will be found in the German Baptist Brethren, who do have a community in Florida. The German Baptists, however, predate Bercot, Kuruvilla, and Taylor, and most of them aren't terribly interested in the "kingdom Christian" movement, as they've already had those practices for hundreds of years.

If you like, myself or Ernie can get you in touch with them in your area.
0 x
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

stngdwtl wrote:This post is for those that are familiar with what I have read and heard referred to as Kingdom Christian beliefs. I am coming from a Protestant / Evangelical background and relatively recently discovered teachings by people such as David Bercot, Finnny Kuruvilla, and Dean Taylor.  I would very much like to find a church with beliefs such as this. I am trying to find a church in the Central Florida area that has these beliefs/teachings and also practices baptism by trine immersion for the remission/forgiveness of sins.  There are some Anabaptist types of churches in or near the area, but none of them have all of these beliefs.  I have found one or more churches that have some or many Kingdom Christian beliefs but do not practice baptism for the remission of sins.  I have also found churches that do teach baptism for the remission of sins but do not teach many (or any) Kingdom Christian beliefs.
If you can't find an anabaptist type church, you could try a conservative branch of the church of christ. Their theology is quite similar to anabaptist and they believe in baptism for remissions of sins. The most conservative ones would wear a headcovering and probably be as conservative as a BMA church.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’m not aware of any CoC as conservative as BMA, which would mean headcovering, nonresistance, and modest attire at the very least.
0 x
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

Josh wrote:I’m not aware of any CoC as conservative as BMA, which would mean headcovering, nonresistance, and modest attire at the very least.
Headcovering and modest attire can be found in not just splinter groups of the church of christ but almost every protestant denomination. While an apolitical belief can be more variable, the idea of personal nonresistance can be found is many of these also. In addition, in some ways they would be more conservative. For example almost any such group where women wear a headcovering, they would also be anti television. The idea of someone wearing a headcovering and watching television is basically only found in anabaptist circles.
0 x
stngdwtl
Affiliation: Nondenominational

Post by stngdwtl »

Than you to everyone who has responded thus far.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

twinpines wrote:The idea of someone wearing a headcovering and watching television is basically only found in anabaptist circles.
I suppose you mean groups who expect headcovering, not individuals??? It is my guess that the majority of women on Head Covering Movement Facebook Community Group watch television.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

Ernie wrote:
twinpines wrote:The idea of someone wearing a headcovering and watching television is basically only found in anabaptist circles.
I suppose you mean groups who expect headcovering, not individuals??? It is my guess that the majority of women on Head Covering Movement Facebook Community Group watch television.
That Facebook group includes lots of individuals outside of evangelical circles, in fact probably more then half are. However, I would suspect that the vast majority of women wearing a headcovering in evangelical circles even on the individual level don't watch television. Not having a television is way more popular position in evangelical circles then headcovering are.
0 x
JoshScott
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by JoshScott »

Josh wrote:
Trine immersion and belief in baptismal regeneration will be found in the German Baptist Brethren, who do have a community in Florida. The German Baptists, however, predate Bercot, Kuruvilla, and Taylor, and most of them aren't terribly interested in the "kingdom Christian" movement, as they've already had those practices for hundreds of years.

If you like, myself or Ernie can get you in touch with them in your area.
Good answer Josh. Do keep in mind though that the GBB will require you (stngdwtl) to be baptized by trine immersion before being accepted as a member of their church *regardless* of whether you have been baptized as a believer already, whether by trine immersion or any other way.

Incidentally, this practice may make them possibly the most truly "Anabaptist" (rebaptizer) group of all, going by the literal definition of that term! No disrespect at all, of course, to any GBB out there. Even though I couldn't personally defend that practice, I feel that they are entitled to their tradition there and respect them for it.
Last edited by JoshScott on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x