Understandings of the Kingdom of God

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Understandings of the Kingdom of God

Post by Sudsy »

I another thread we wandered into the subject of the Kingdom of God and the entry into it.

This thread is to refer to scriptures regarding the Kingdom of God and giving your understandings of these texts and their application.

I will start with one - Romans 14:17 -
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Understanding - the Kingdom of God is living in a realm of righteousness (virtue, integrity), peace (that passes all understanding) and joy (unspeakable joy, can't find words to describe) that can only be produced by the Holy Spirit operating in our lives.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Understandings of the Kingdom of God

Post by silentreader »

Sudsy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:46 pm I another thread we wandered into the subject of the Kingdom of God and the entry into it.

This thread is to refer to scriptures regarding the Kingdom of God and giving your understandings of these texts and their application.

I will start with one - Romans 14:17 -
for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Understanding - the Kingdom of God is living in a realm of righteousness (virtue, integrity), peace (that passes all understanding) and joy (unspeakable joy, can't find words to describe) that can only be produced by the Holy Spirit operating in our lives.
The Kingdom of God is not about meeting the needs of the flesh, but about living in the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

The Kingdom of God is growing and transcendent - it crosses all physical and spiritual boundaries. It is both spiritual and temporal. (Rev 11:15, Luke 17:20-21, 1 Cor 15:25, Isaiah 9:7, Matthey 6:10)
2 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I understand the gospel of grace is the gospel of the kingdom. The good news and grace are expressed by God drawing near and actively working in the affairs of the world by building a kingdom worthy of men's affection and allegiance.

Acts 20
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
1 x