Wayne on the Kingdom of God

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Wayne on the Kingdom of God

Post by Bootstrap »

Wayne was very dedicated to the Kingdom of God, and perhaps especially focused on it in his last days. He told me that joy and peace are essential parts of the Kingdom of God, and people need to experience that from us.

George provided this quote in the "Year of Living" thread. George, can you talk about what makes this quote particularly meaningful to you?
gcdonner wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 pm I have a favorite quote from him that I have saved for many years:
We acknowledge the social order that punishes violence with violence, and recognize it as God ordained for maintaining order in a realm that is not presently subject to Him. But because of Christ's commands, we do not participate in it and we call men out of it into a new social order: The Kingdom of God. (Wayne Chesley, 5/07)
I expect that he is now basking in the glory of the full effects of God's Kingdom, in His presence.
2Co_5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?