Additions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Additions

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote:
Robert wrote:Post loves have been added.Image
This enhancement caused General Error to lock me out for a few days. It appears to be fixed now, but just to be safe I'll stay away from the hearts and use this instead:
my first love (i.e., "like") :)
the old HP works. :mrgreen:
the ipad is so handy.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

oh my word.
it is impossible to please everyone...

carry on!
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to ignore that nonsense. another fb meme
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Josh wrote:I don't know how hard this is to do, but limiting new accounts from posting URLs or images, or automatically moderating such posts, until they've made 10 or 20 posts can really cut down on spam.
that's what the very first welcome thread is all about. moderating that first post to cut down on spam. and it works.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to ignore that nonsense. another fb meme
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:
Robert wrote:Justme suggested that the Welcome thread should be viewable to all. Since we moderate the first post so we can filter out the trash and spam, what is left is acceptable, so there is no reason not to make it viewable. I should have it set so it can be seen (Read Only Access) since many are posting nice and informative comments there. We will try it this way for a bit and see how it goes.

Let me know if you can not see it.
Hope it works out, something needed to be done. :D
Evidently, there are 42 or so posts, but 99 registered members? How do they bypass the Registration Post?

i like your border, too, Robert.
it seems to take up enough space to reverse your effort to increase font size (?)
which was a nice improvement. my imagination?
not my imagination .. different devices vary on options and presentation.
now going from ipad to hp laptop, quite a difference!
the laptop is a more complete, full display.

i must get used to the ipad not working well for everything!
not just on MN, there are some general problems i run into, now+then.
i must remember!
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote:
Robert wrote:Justme suggested that the Welcome thread should be viewable to all. Since we moderate the first post so we can filter out the trash and spam, what is left is acceptable, so there is no reason not to make it viewable. I should have it set so it can be seen (Read Only Access) since many are posting nice and informative comments there. We will try it this way for a bit and see how it goes. Let me know if you can not see it.
But how are we supposed to welcome new members if we can't reply to their introductions? Too many rules and regulations, I'm going back to the Amish...
you know, george, i'm enjoying the new "REGISTRATION STEP TWO" (category?) it's interesting, displayed as it is.

i hope some efficient way to greet new members will come about.
i very much like Mrs Nisly's Introduction thread, but, for some reason, it hasn't (yet) caught on. :?

MN is a work in process. it's important to share questions and ideas, they are requested!

i learned, as mother of teens, when asking for honest opinions, one is best to be prepared for (anything.) otherwise, may as well be honest and ask for praise! :lol:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

A few more emoticons were added.

:dance: :wave:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

justme wrote:
Josh wrote:I don't know how hard this is to do, but limiting new accounts from posting URLs or images, or automatically moderating such posts, until they've made 10 or 20 posts can really cut down on spam.
that's what the very first welcome thread is all about. moderating that first post to cut down on spam. and it works.
I noticed under the members list there's quite a few members with no posts that have a mix of numbers/letters (not affiliation letters) listed as their affiliation. Are these spam accounts?
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Haystack wrote: I noticed under the members list there's quite a few members with no posts that have a mix of numbers/letters (not affiliation letters) listed as their affiliation. Are these spam accounts?
Yep. Those are the ones that do not pass the second step of registration. I wait a few weeks then delete them. I can not always figure out who is real and not, so I figure if they signed up and have not tried to do the second step, they are either a spam account, or not interested, so I clear them out. Just part of being the janitor is sweeping up the mess. :dance:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Robert wrote:
Haystack wrote: I noticed under the members list there's quite a few members with no posts that have a mix of numbers/letters (not affiliation letters) listed as their affiliation. Are these spam accounts?
Yep. Those are the ones that do not pass the second step of registration. I wait a few weeks then delete them. I can not always figure out who is real and not, so I figure if they signed up and have not tried to do the second step, they are either a spam account, or not interested, so I clear them out. Just part of being the janitor is sweeping up the mess. :dance:
Good idea. It would be nice to avoid the bloated membership list we had on MD.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:
Robert wrote:
Good idea. It would be nice to avoid the bloated membership list we had on MD.
So Lester, if you were affiliated with a Southern Fellowship, would you speak with a drawl, Y'all?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth