Did the Catholic church ever persecute Sabbath-keepers?

A place to discuss history and historical events.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Did the Catholic church ever persecute Sabbath-keepers?

Post by mike »

A friend of mine who is a Sabbath-keeper posted this on Facebook. Aside from the fact that Constantine was not a pope, is the claim that Catholics once persecuted Sabbath-keepers also complete rubbish?

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Did the Catholic church ever persecute Sabbath-keepers?

Post by Bootstrap »

I don't know how trustworthy this source is, but he addresses this issue in some depth:

https://truthsnitch.com/tag/were-sevent ... ly-church/
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:16 am I don't know how trustworthy this source is, but he addresses this issue in some depth:

https://truthsnitch.com/tag/were-sevent ... ly-church/
Thanks.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:07 am A friend of mine who is a Sabbath-keeper posted this on Facebook. Aside from the fact that Constantine was not a pope, is the claim that Catholics once persecuted Sabbath-keepers also complete rubbish?

The Early Catholic Church did not burn "sabbath-keepers". As they do, both sides of the issue debated these things in councils yet in essence, the Bishops and Patriarchs held their own customs in their respective areas; they even celebrated the Mass with their own rites. Today there are 7 major liturgical rites in Catholic World. In the Early Church era (referenced by this post), there were dozens. These have long since been absorbed into one of the 7 Rites of today.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God