Winning versus Annihilation

A place to discuss history and historical events.
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Winning versus Annihilation

Post by barnhart »

Outsider wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:02 pm
barnhart wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:22 pm Podcast. I find it an elevated discussion platform that covers some of the area I suspect the other options may focus on. Especially McWhorter.

Edit: Loury not Lowry.
I think I've heard of him or seen him in "replying" posts on YouTube, I may be wrong. But I'll try to check him out. If his podcast is free... :shock:
He's more of an intellectual, not one to pay much attention to social media.
0 x
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

barnhart wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:09 pm He's more of an intellectual, not one to pay much attention to social media.
I didn't mean he had a YouTube- but that he may have been in one of those videos where someone "reacts" to something someone else has said, either on YouTube or anywhere someone could publish their thoughts. Or maybe his name is familiar because my dad mentioned him... :shrug
1 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Outsider wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:29 pm
barnhart wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:27 pm I see we likely agree on Lincoln's views concerning race, but I don't see evidence in these quotes that Lee was anti-slavery. As far as I can see in those quotes he said it was undesirable but necessary for an unknowable period of time.
Their chauvinism is reflected in the slavery still going on in Africa today.
Youtube keeps busy “terminating accounts,” don’t they?! They take “Nothing to see here” to extremes. :shock:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN