Poll: Auto Accident Fatalities and Injuries

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

Check all that apply...

1. I've never given much thought to this topic.
8%
2. I've given some thought to it but never knew want to do about it.
20%
3. I've tried to raise awareness about this matter.
12%
4. I'm interested in doing what I can on grass roots level to make at least a bit of a difference.
16%
5. I intend to make some changes in how I drive and the things I do while driving.
12%
6. People are going to die one way or another, so I don't have much vision for trying to do anything about the number of accidents.
16%
7. Other
16%

Total votes: 25

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Poll: Auto Accident Fatalities and Injuries

Post by Ernie »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:50 pm It’s hard to imagine a future where self governing cars have carte Blanche to just mow people over and get away with it.

If they do, perhaps we could carry car-disabling firearms to fire upon any autonomous vehicles before they kill us.
Another use for firearms by non-resistant Christians.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:30 pm
Ken wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 pm When I went back to visit last summer, it did strike me how much fatter Texans are than Washingtonians. It is noticeable when you are out in public. At least it was in Waco.
Fun fact: people in Arkansas or Alabama (can't remember which) used to be the most obese in the nation in the 1990s.

But that rate now would be the lowest in the nation. It's spread everywhere.
Oklahoma, Louisiana and West Virginia currently have the highest obesity rates in the nation at over 40%. Not coincidentally they are also three of the poorest states. As those to things seem to go increasingly hand-in-hand. Colorado is the fittest state. Lots of interesting data here. Especially where they break it out by race: https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Arkansas’s was something like 17%… considered way too high back then. Colorado is usually the lowest and it’s over 20% now.

(DC of course is a playground for the wealthy.)
0 x