Cuomo/Carlson Conversation

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Cuomo/Carlson Conversation

Post by Ernie »

0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Cuomo/Carlson Conversation

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:41 pm Tonight at 8PM ET

https://www.newsnationnow.com/cuomo-sho ... versation/
Keeping up with things is confusing... so a former CNN star is going to be having an interview with a former Fox News star?
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Yes.

I am interested in this simply from the standpoint that it is a rare attempt to have civil conversation between men who are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
2 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Two disgraced and fired broadcasters trying to stay relevant and polish their personal brands in our new age of social media?

Not really interested.

And I don't actually believe they are from opposite ends of the political spectrum. They are both middle aged men who come from wealth and privilege who have cultivated public personas for the purpose of broadcasting on specific networks. I don't really think either of them holds to the same extreme positions that they promote in public for media dollars. They are actors who get paid to promote specific extreme political positions.

They've spent their entire lives living in the same exact circles of wealth prep schools and elite universities. They are both the same age and both attended elite private schools 35 miles apart in CT. I imagine they have moved in the same exact circles most of their lives and in real life are far more alike than different.
3 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Ernie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:40 pm Yes.

I am interested in this simply from the standpoint that it is a rare attempt to have civil conversation between men who are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
I agree. I hope it sets a better example than the usual cross-shouting too prevalent in today’s media.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:55 pm

I agree. I hope it sets a better example than the usual cross-shouting too prevalent in today’s media.
Tucker Carlson has huge numbers of interested viewers.
I'm going to watch if I can bring it up
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I have to agree with Ken. I also don’t think it’s beneficial for us to listen to people like this.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 pm
MaxPC wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:55 pm

Tucker Carlson has huge numbers of interested viewers.
I'm going to watch if I can bring it up
I daresay it will be on YouTube shortly.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

To be fair, Carlson gets more views on his new Twitter channel than MSNBC gets on their entire broadcasting day.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:05 pm To be fair, Carlson gets more views on his new Twitter channel than MSNBC gets on their entire broadcasting day.
How many of those views are Russian bots?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr