What if Kingdom of God Christians ...

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

What if Kingdom of God Christians ...

Post by Bootstrap »

How can Kingdom of God Christians respond to the wars in Israel / Palestine in ways that bring more good than harm? What is our place in all of this?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: What if Kingdom of God Christians ...

Post by Soloist »

Location location location.

We can spend time on our knees and after the war is finished perhaps help rebuild.
If you happen to be there, showing love to those around you, sharing what you have as you’re able with anyone.
For example if I was there I would be providing medical care to anyone.
As I’m not there and I have no way to get there, The only way I can aid is on my knees.
4 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:20 pm How can Kingdom of God Christians respond to the wars in Israel / Palestine in ways that bring more good than harm? What is our place in all of this?
I am not a good example to follow but my understanding of what I should be doing is not living in any anxiousness over this and use it as opportunity to inform others that the scriptures indicate before Jesus returns there will be a growing number of wars and rumors of wars so they need to put their trust in God to save them.

My understanding is that our role is one of representing the Kingdom of God and the life that Kingdom citizenship provides both now and in eternity. Truly living without worldly fears and regarding our stay here as just 'passing through' with few attachments. Do people see us as people who regard themselves as aliens here who are so looking forward to returning home ? Or do they see us as troubled as they are, looking for some kind of earthly solutions ?

I question the degree of our involvement in things that are temporal although our Kingdom life does involve being a blessing to others in their temporal situation. But if we have a more eternal Kingdom view, I believe, our emphasis will be on the eternal state of people and not this short life. When I pray am I praying mainly for some state of peace which I know from history is always temporal. Or when I pray am I praying that people during this time will think about life after death and turn to the Saviour ? There is nothing more important than one's soul.

I guess my father's street preaching and focus on saving souls is still having some affect on my understandings. Just not enough, at the moment. :oops:
2 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

"First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, requests, and thanksgivings be offered to God for all people; 2 for kings and all others who are in authority, that we may live a quiet and peaceful life with all reverence toward God and with proper conduct. 3 This is good and it pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to know the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one who brings God and human beings together, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself to redeem the whole human race. That was the proof at the right time that God wants everyone to be saved..." 1 Timothy 2:1-6

Thanks for the question, Boot.

In my opinion, prayer is a main weapon for soldiers in Jesus Kingdom.
Along with a willingness to do whatever the Holy Spirit tells us to do.
(And the Holy Spirit will always give instructions in line with Jesus teaching and example.)

Praying for God's will to be done here and around the world.
May the message of salvation (through Jesus) reach everyone in our generation.

Let's use the spiritual weapons of prayer, praise, gospel proclamation, peacemaking, service and suffering love.
Just like Jesus did.
1 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Some other scriptures in relation to physical and spiritual warfare, and our "Kingdom of Jesus" place in this world.

2 Cor 10:3 "It is true that we live in the world, but we do not fight from worldly motives. 4 The weapons we use in our fight are not the world's weapons but God's powerful weapons, which we use to destroy strongholds. We destroy false arguments; 5 we pull down every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey Christ."

Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
1 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...