6 killed at private Christian School in Nashville

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

6 killed at private Christian School in Nashville

Post by mike »

Very sad and heartbreaking, and very unusual for such a perpetrator to be a young female (also killed).

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: 6 killed at private Christian School in Nashville

Post by mike »

Update: shooter was a 28 year-old female, killed at the scene by Nashville police.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:26 pm Update: shooter was a 28 year-old female, killed at the scene by Nashville police.
A shooting at a Tennessee private Christian grade school left three students and three adults dead, including the head of the school, Monday and the shooter was killed by police, authorities said.

The victims were killed in the attack at the Covenant School, authorities said. Nashville police say officers engaged with and killed the shooter, identified as a 28-year-old female carrying two "assault-type rifles" and a handgun.

The shooter was identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a Nashville resident, who identified as transgender. Investigators were investigating a home connected to her. Nashville police Chief John Drake said Hale possibly prepared for the shooting.

"We have also determined that there were maps drawn of the schooling detail of surveillance entry points. At one point she was a student at that school," he said. "There was a vehicle nearby that gave us a clue as to who she was."
Horrific :pray :pray :pray :pray

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I had typed out this post:
This is a tragic occurrence, but it is very surprising for a female to commit this kind of violence. Let’s withhold judgment but I would not be surprised if this “female” turns out to actually be a male.
But MaxPC beat me to it:
The shooter was identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a Nashville resident, who identified as transgender.
Men who pretend to be women are notorious for male-pattern violence, including violent sexual assaults, and now we can add “school mass shooter” to the list.

For children’s safety and protection they need to be kept away from these kind of people who are very prone to violence. The unstable combinations of hormones these people are on can often make their violent nature even worse.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I wonder if we are now going to see calls to outlaw trans as a public safety precaution.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 pm I wonder if we are now going to see calls to outlaw trans as a public safety precaution.
it underscores mental health questions.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:10 pm I had typed out this post:
This is a tragic occurrence, but it is very surprising for a female to commit this kind of violence. Let’s withhold judgment but I would not be surprised if this “female” turns out to actually be a male.
But MaxPC beat me to it:
The shooter was identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a Nashville resident, who identified as transgender.
Men who pretend to be women are notorious for male-pattern violence, including violent sexual assaults, and now we can add “school mass shooter” to the list.

For children’s safety and protection they need to be kept away from these kind of people who are very prone to violence. The unstable combinations of hormones these people are on can often make their violent nature even worse.
I think you have it exactly opposite.

From the reporting I heard while riding home this individual was born female or was biological female but has recently identified as trans or is using male pronouns. There has been no reporting that I’m aware of that this person was on male hormones or any hormones at all as opposed to just claiming to identify as male. I believe Audrey Hale was her female birth name.

But this is a fast-breaking news story so that could be wrong too.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

A teacher at this school said they were a normal girl when she was in school… I’m thinking it was an FTM. Media is confusing the issue by saying trans female.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm A teacher at this school said they were a normal girl when she was in school… I’m thinking it was an FTM. Media is confusing the issue by saying trans female.
Is the news media guilty of *gasp* misgendering?

In any case, being on powerful synthetic hormones makes people violent, although an FTM conducting a mass shootout is certainly a first for America. The hormones involved are similar to “roid rage”.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

What is a FTM? LGBTQI-FTM?
0 x