COVID-19: Silver Linings?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

COVID-19: Silver Linings?

Post by RZehr »

Are there any? Will there be any?
This is a thread to post and discuss any silver linings that you think of.
0 x
Rdm
Affiliation: Non-trad. Menno

Re: COVID-19: Silver Linings?

Post by Rdm »

I've heard from friends who live in China that for Chinese believers, there have been more opportunities to share the love of God by serving, and more opportunities for online Bible studies. At least one Chinese sister they know, who was unable to find a group of believers to meet with, was able to finally meet with a group online, thanks to the virus.
0 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Pollution levels across the globe are dropping rapidly as industry and travel shuts down
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Our family joined in with a service online yesterday with a message that the whole family was grateful for.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Local businesses in my area seem to be joining forces to help each other in some ways. For example some local meat producers and wholesalers have suddenly lost the majority of their business, which was to high-end restaurants in nearby cities, and I have enjoyed learning about them and helping to market some of their products in my store. I'm seeing local restaurants group together and help get the word out about their take-out and delivery services. There's a lot of goodwill happening in our local community.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

My daughter and grdaughter have been walking+bicycling in nearby parks, not unusual for them.
She tells me there are now LOTS of people doing the same, many as FAMILIES, and, “wait-for-it”-
TEENAGERS with their families! :lol:

i think the gov has curtailed some of this, closing some parks+services, mandating 6’ space everywhere.
My family is in WA+SO CAL, similar mandates are in Illinois.

Newfound appreciation for church. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

A truck driver told me there are far fewer truck accidents due to less traffic on the road.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I know some people who lost jobs and are volunteering on valuable ministries. And I am hearing from lots of people I knew and care about but haven't heard from in a very long time.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

i think people are going to find they are much less dependent on healthcare than they thought was necessary.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to ignore that nonsense. another fb meme
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

justme wrote:i think people are going to find they are much less dependent on healthcare than they thought was necessary.
A lot of people clog the ERs of this country for minor issues that they could resolve at home or at their family doctor. My wife and I sat for seven hours once in a waiting room to see a doctor in relation to a miscarriage, and we heard and saw a lot. Many people came and got tired of waiting and left. One young lady told others she was in to find out if she was pregnant. Few of the patients seemed to be having an emergency.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3