“The demand for racism exceeds the supply”

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

“The demand for racism exceeds the supply”

Post by ragpicker »

I ran across this and it makes a lot of sense. This is why you have fake racism events like the Covington High School fiasco and the Smollet fiasco and so many more.

My question is, where’s this demand coming from? Both on the national scale and on an individual scale?
1 x
Embrace the lonely road.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: “The demand for racism exceeds the supply”

Post by temporal1 »

At last. An easy question. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

ragpicker wrote:I ran across this and it makes a lot of sense. This is why you have fake racism events like the Covington High School fiasco and the Smollet fiasco and so many more.

My question is, where’s this demand coming from? Both on the national scale and on an individual scale?
I don't know the answer but I like the quote.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:I ran across this and it makes a lot of sense. This is why you have fake racism events like the Covington High School fiasco and the Smollet fiasco and so many more.

In some places and ways, yes. There is not a problem of widespread nasty racism across America.

It does exist in pockets here and there. And globally, racism is very alive and well outside of the cozy confines of Western civilization.
0 x
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

Josh wrote:In some places and ways, yes. There is not a problem of widespread nasty racism across America.
True. But some have the need for us to believe there is. I’m asking what’s behind that need. Make sense what I’m asking?
1 x
Embrace the lonely road.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote:At last. An easy question. :D
ragpicker wrote: True. But some have the need for us to believe there is.
I’m asking what’s behind that need. Make sense what I’m asking?
i hope what has developed is THE LAST THING MLK Jr wanted to result from the 1960’s.

racism is now big business and big government. money and power.
as long as this is true, there is no hope it’s going to go away. it would not be allowed to go away -
as a commodity, even in the radically integrated society the west now is.

it doesn’t make sense - and, it does not have to make sense.

similar to abortion+infanticide, which make no sense, for which there are proven+established prevention and alternatives, BUT, those profiting will NOT allow it to go away.

peace, civility, are not the goals of profiteers. that’s not how their games are played.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

My answer is, the demand is based on a desire to control.
1 x
Embrace the lonely road.
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ragpicker wrote:My answer is, the demand is based on a desire to control.
would you elaborate? :)
i’m not sure i could separate control, power, money.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:
Josh wrote:In some places and ways, yes. There is not a problem of widespread nasty racism across America.
True. But some have the need for us to believe there is. I’m asking what’s behind that need. Make sense what I’m asking?
Oh it definitely does, and I fully agree... I’ll try to answer without being overly political.

I believe a lot of theories became popular in academia due to Marxist influences and also from Foucault, which essentially paint all hierarchies as consisting of oppressor and oppressed. This type of thinking is so ingrained that many otherwise intelligent people in the West are unable to view any kind of conflict or differentiation in society without viewing one side as an oppressor.

With a viewpoint that heterosexual, Christian, male, white, and Protestant people must needs be oppressors, then one gets busy looking for examples of how people who aren’t those things are “oppressed”.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote:
ragpicker wrote:
Oh it definitely does, and I fully agree... I’ll try to answer without being overly political.

I believe a lot of theories became popular in academia due to Marxist influences and also from Foucault, which essentially paint all hierarchies as consisting of oppressor and oppressed.

This type of thinking is so ingrained that many otherwise intelligent people in the West are unable to view any kind of conflict or differentiation in society without viewing one side as an oppressor.

With a viewpoint that heterosexual, Christian, male, white, and Protestant people must needs be oppressors, then one gets busy looking for examples of how people who aren’t those things are “oppressed”.
i believe this is something.
i would add, a lucrative business model has formed around it. it’s big enough that it drives a significant part of the economy and culture. gov and private sector.

“it doesn’t make sense - and, it does not have to make sense.”
0 x

UNKNOWN