Bud Light

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Bud Light

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 pm I think the messaging of a group of entirely homosexual men singing "We'll convert your children" is obvious enough.
I posted the entire lyrics of the piece word for word as well as the original 1923 poem. You can download the entire piece including the complete musical score. Perhaps you can point us to the exact stanza where they sing "we'll convert your children" since I can't seem to find it.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:34 pm I think the messaging of a group of entirely homosexual men singing "We'll convert your children" is obvious enough.
Certainly. In combination with everything biden’s pushing out of the White House, it’s clear. Whodathunk he/they would just come right out and say it?! Engaging teens and children to recite it is macabre genius.

Like a dripping faucet. It’s nothing. Until it’s something.

Every child is a creation of God. Not some otherworldly unknown/unknowable ephemeral spirit.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:56 pm
I posted the entire lyrics of the piece word for word as well as the original 1923 poem. You can download the entire piece including the complete musical score. Perhaps you can point us to the exact stanza where they sing "we'll convert your children" since I can't seem to find it.
Whoops, I was thinking of the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus, not the Boston Gay Men's Chorus:

The messaging of a group of entirely homosexual men singing "Your children are not your children" is also obvious enough. We now have evidence of two all-homosexual male choirs on opposite ends of the country singing about how our children aren't really ours and how they plan to "convert" them.

I would put forward that homosexual men need to stop thinking about children at all.
3 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Matthew 18:6

6 but zwhoever causes one of these alittle ones who believe in me to sin,1 it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Well those are Jesus words. That's how he feels about anyone that would cause children to stumble meaning leave them astray or have an evil influence over. It will not be well for them on judgment Day
2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:01 pm Matthew 18:6
6 but zwhoever causes one of these alittle ones who believe in me to sin,1 it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Well those are Jesus words.
That's how he feels about anyone that would cause children to stumble meaning leave them astray or have an evil influence over.
It will not be well for them on judgment Day
so much unnecessary suffering along the way. prayers for souls.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:56 pm
Further discussion can go here but needless to say the gay community is publicly chanting “we’re coming for your children” and claiming doing so is completely normal. See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5869
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I’ve been looking at how much shelf space Walmart, Safeway, and a few convenience stores and gas stations, are allocating for Bud Light and Budweiser. It is nothing less than stunning to see a category leader like this just simply melt away. Granted, I am in a pretty red, Republican, conservative area. But still, wow. Coors Light has 12! times as much shelf space as Bud Light does in the local Safeway. Walmart isn’t much different, but I didn’t do the math.

I know a little bit about how hard companies fight for retail shelf space, and this is nothing short of a catastrophe.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

I recently looked up on YouTube this Bud Light controversy, I was curious if they were turning it around. And I come across a “very gay Ford Raptor” pickup truck. Here: https://www.carscoops.com/2023/05/conse ... aptor/amp/ Apparently two years ago Ford of Germany made this truck in response some online anti-gay comment.
I suppose Ford is thanking their lucky stars that they didn’t end up like Bud Light. Of course the automobile industry has been white hot in recent years, so that is a difference. But Fords profits come from its pickups, and much like Bud, it heavily markets to blue collar men, with its catch phrase “Built Ford Tough”.
And like beer, trucks have extremely loyal buyers, who’s identity can be strongly intertwined with their brand of choice.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

This is how they are actually doing as of today if stock price means anything.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

So down about what, 20%? Meanwhile the S&P 500 is up what, about 10% over the same time? And Coors is up 40%.
0 x