Gender confusion

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Re: Gender confusion

Post by GaryK »

2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

When Your Baby’s Sex Is Determined
https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ ... ve-system/
When is baby’s sex determined?

Sex is determined at conception by the combination of X and Y sex chromosomes a baby receives from the egg and the sperm. All eggs contain one X chromosome, while sperm contain either an X chromosome or a Y chromosome.

Embryos with XY chromosomes develop male sex organs, while those with XX chromosomes develop female sex organs. That means the sperm determines a baby’s sex! ..

Personally, i believe we are designed by God before conception.
But i accept for secular reasons, conception can be understood as the starting point.

i’m a bit surprised at the above premise, knowng of the popular gender-reveal parties many have following sonograms.
Many people are very excited to know gender as quickly as possible after conception.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:59 pm When Your Baby’s Sex Is Determined

Sex is determined at conception by the combination of X and Y sex chromosomes a baby receives from the egg and the sperm. All eggs contain one X chromosome, while sperm contain either an X chromosome or a Y chromosome.

Embryos with XY chromosomes develop male sex organs, while those with XX chromosomes develop female sex organs. That means the sperm determines a baby’s sex! ..

But i accept for secular reasons, conception can be understood as the starting point.

i’m a bit surprised at the above premise, knowng of the popular gender-reveal parties many have following sonograms.
Many people are very excited to know gender as quickly as possible after conception.
Its not always this clear though... There are some very complex exceptions to the rules.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:00 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:59 pm When Your Baby’s Sex Is Determined

Its not always this clear though... There are some very complex exceptions to the rules.
yes. is there anyone in the developed world not aware of rare exceptions?
should the entire world revolve around recognizing and accomodating rare exceptions?
this is pretty much where we are, is it where we should be?

at what point will it be decided, who will decide?
0 x

UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:13 pm yes. is there anyone in the developed world not aware of rare exceptions?
should the entire world revolve around recognizing and accomodating rare exceptions?

If you were raised as a female through your childhood and around 15/16, your parents finally took you in to evaluate why you hadn't had a period, yet had all the outward signs of a female, and now the doctor says you are a male, would that be easy for you or your parents to accept and change?
(1.5 out of 10,000)
Or you are a biological male, and when you hit puberty, you don't develop male secondary markers but rather female and people don't believe you when you claim to be a male (1/660) (XXY)

Those are the simple ones to work with... You can have something called Ovotesticular disorder which you can have one of each and it can happen in several different ways, such as male external markers with female organ internally. These are extremely rare with no real solid numbers on the sub-divisions of the types but probably around 1/20,000

Now, I do agree these are exceptions, and the second one, for example, is generally caught at a young age. Personally, I have never encountered these disorders, but I think being kind and loving in these cases is not a problem. As a Christian, we should prayerfully consider how to respond to these disorders. I think the transgender society has taken these rare cases and ran with them trying to argue intersex is more common than it is, and that you can now identify as intersex is ludicrous...
Our nation has 329 million people in it roughly, and if you considered the rate of these, you might have 16,000 odd of the rare kind. Would you want to be mistreated or demanded to have a chromosome test before you are accepted? I mean... Mennonites are not common, but given how many Conservative Mennonites there are, we could have as many as 2-3 with the rare kind and considerably more, yet still pretty rare, with XXY.

Some of these questions shouldn't be left to the secular scientist, but rather prayerfully considered by a church body. That being said, the overwhelming majority of what we are facing right now has a lot more to do with mental health and social pressures than chromosomes or rare genetic disorders.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:00 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:13 pm yes. is there anyone in the developed world not aware of rare exceptions?

If you were raised as a female through your childhood and around 15/16, your parents finally took you in to evaluate why you hadn't had a period, yet had all the outward signs of a female, and now the doctor says you are a male, would that be easy for you or your parents to accept and change?
(1.5 out of 10,000)
Or you are a biological male, and when you hit puberty, you don't develop male secondary markers but rather female and people don't believe you when you claim to be a male (1/660) (XXY)

Those are the simple ones to work with... You can have something called Ovotesticular disorder which you can have one of each and it can happen in several different ways, such as male external markers with female organ internally. These are extremely rare with no real solid numbers on the sub-divisions of the types but probably around 1/20,000

Now, I do agree these are exceptions, and the second one, for example, is generally caught at a young age.

Personally, I have never encountered these disorders, but I think being kind and loving in these cases is not a problem.
As a Christian, we should prayerfully consider how to respond to these disorders.

I think the transgender society has taken these rare cases and ran with them trying to argue intersex is more common than it is, and that you can now identify as intersex is ludicrous...

Our nation has 329 million people in it roughly, and if you considered the rate of these, you might have 16,000 odd of the rare kind. Would you want to be mistreated or demanded to have a chromosome test before you are accepted? I mean... Mennonites are not common, but given how many Conservative Mennonites there are, we could have as many as 2-3 with the rare kind and considerably more, yet still pretty rare, with XXY.

Some of these questions shouldn't be left to the secular scientist, but rather prayerfully considered by a church body.

That being said, the overwhelming majority of what we are facing right now has a lot more to do with mental health and social pressures than chromosomes or rare genetic disorders.
Thank you. my response was hurried, and not as informed as yours.

For myself, for a number of years now, i’ve tried to discern between the individual human versus organized political blocs, which aren’t human, at all, often not humane. unfortunately, organizng political blocs, then organizing blocs of blocs has become the common route for political bullying. in my mind, this is what’s causing so much division and unrest. all with good intentions! but it gets out of hand.

In my small life experience, i’ve nonetheless lived with a lot of diversity - a lot. i have no idea what it would be like to live in a homogenous world - for instance, it’s really hard for me to imagine being Japanese in Japan! i haven’t witnessed people being mistreated. i mean, nothing overt. no more than i’ve been occasionally mistreated .. people aren’t always nice.

but when organized political blocs are formed, always for 2 reasons: 1) political power, 2) access to the Public Treasury, that’s where they lose me. then it becomes something different. i think, something to avoid.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

For reference, a related thread:

A response to sin
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4840

- - - - - - -

MATT WALSH Documentary / WHAT IS A WOMAN?
https://www.dailywire.com/videos/what-i ... oman&xid=0

(i’m having problems posting, i lost a post in progress, the problem might be my device.)

i have not figured out how to view the documentary, i’m working on it.
i refrain from “following” or signing up for, or paying for content. i expect to make an exception for this documentary, i’m not in a rush.

i have viewed the trailer and several reaction videos to it.

It appears Matt Walsh interviews many people with the question, “WHAT IS A WOMAN?”

TRAILER / -3min
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

In the above trailer, WHAT IS A WOMAN, one interviewee stood out (to me). The man in the long sleeved green polo shirt.
i wanted to learn more about him, his views.

SCOTT NEWGENT
an ADULT trans man, strongly against involving children+teens (for many reasons) - one strong reason is lifetime BIG PHARMA profits .. for drugs and surgeries. Once started, no escape.

'I will never be a man, ever':
Transgender man tells author MATT WALSH that America is selling our 'most vulnerable kids' a medical 'illusion' when we tell them they can change their gender

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... usion.html

SCOTT NEWGENT website / TresVoices
Trans Adults & Others SCREAMING To STOP Childhood Medical Transition.
https://www.trevoices.org/trevoicesblog
Last edited by temporal1 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

The U.S. Public Treasury needs to be shut down and cleaned out.

i’m with many who pray for divine intervention.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:36 pm The U.S. Public Treasury needs to be shut down and cleaned out.

i’m with many who pray for divine intervention.
I hope you don't rely on Social Security and Medicare then.
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr