History of Vaccine Mandates

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: History of Vaccine Mandates

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 pm Same in the U.S. - you can’t sue the manufacturers of vaccines for harm caused by them, yet they can be mandated/forced on you.

Most vaccines actually have a specific vaccine injury fund of money from the government. Its telling that a mandated vaccine wouldn't have the same.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-hospi ... 1639396806
Some of the largest U.S. hos­pi­tal sys­tems have dropped Covid-19 vac­cine man­dates for staff af­ter a fed­eral judge tem­porarily halted a Biden ad­min­is­tra­tion man­date that health­care work­ers get the shots.

Hos­pi­tal op­er­a­tors in­clud­ing HCA Health­care Inc. and Tenet Health­care Corp. as well as non­prof­its Ad­vent­Health and the Cleve­land Clinic are drop­ping the man­dates. La­bor costs in the in­dus­try have soared, and hos­pi­tals strug­gled to re­tain enough nurses, tech­ni­cians and even jan­i­tors to han­dle higher hos­pi­tal­iza­tions in re­cent months as the Delta vari­ant raged. Vac­cine man­dates have been a fac­tor con­strain­ing the sup­ply of health­care work­ers, ac­cord­ing to hos­pi­tal ex­ec­u­tives, pub­lic-health au­thor­i­ties and nurs­ing groups.
Not all hos­pi­tal sys­tems have scratched the man­date. Kaiser Per­ma­nente, which runs 39 hos­pi­tals and hun­dreds of med­ical of­fices in Cal­i­for­nia and other states and em­ploys nearly 210,000 peo­ple, said it gave em­ploy­ees un­til Dec. 1 to get vac­ci­nated. So far, 98% of staff are vac­ci­nated, but on Wednes­day the hos­pi­tal sys­tem ter­mi­nated 352 em­ploy­ees, and an­other 1,500 face ter­mi­na­tion in early Jan­uary un­less they be­come fully vac­ci­nated or re­ceive an ex­emp­tion, Kaiser said.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:30 am https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-hospi ... 1639396806
Some of the largest U.S. hos­pi­tal sys­tems have dropped Covid-19 vac­cine man­dates for staff af­ter a fed­eral judge tem­porarily halted a Biden ad­min­is­tra­tion man­date that health­care work­ers get the shots.

Hos­pi­tal op­er­a­tors in­clud­ing HCA Health­care Inc. and Tenet Health­care Corp. as well as non­prof­its Ad­vent­Health and the Cleve­land Clinic are drop­ping the man­dates. La­bor costs in the in­dus­try have soared, and hos­pi­tals strug­gled to re­tain enough nurses, tech­ni­cians and even jan­i­tors to han­dle higher hos­pi­tal­iza­tions in re­cent months as the Delta vari­ant raged. Vac­cine man­dates have been a fac­tor con­strain­ing the sup­ply of health­care work­ers, ac­cord­ing to hos­pi­tal ex­ec­u­tives, pub­lic-health au­thor­i­ties and nurs­ing groups.
Not all hos­pi­tal sys­tems have scratched the man­date. Kaiser Per­ma­nente, which runs 39 hos­pi­tals and hun­dreds of med­ical of­fices in Cal­i­for­nia and other states and em­ploys nearly 210,000 peo­ple, said it gave em­ploy­ees un­til Dec. 1 to get vac­ci­nated. So far, 98% of staff are vac­ci­nated, but on Wednes­day the hos­pi­tal sys­tem ter­mi­nated 352 em­ploy­ees, and an­other 1,500 face ter­mi­na­tion in early Jan­uary un­less they be­come fully vac­ci­nated or re­ceive an ex­emp­tion, Kaiser said.
They could just create a separate ward where unvaccinated medical staff can be reassigned to take care of unvaccinated Covid patients. Everyone is accommodated. Problem solved.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:25 am

They could just create a separate ward where unvaccinated medical staff can be reassigned to take care of unvaccinated Covid patients. Everyone is accommodated. Problem solved.
Number of reasons why this wouldn't work, but I'd be fine with it :mrgreen:
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Soloist wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am

I just want to protect the unvaccinated staff and patients from all the vaccine shedding that I've been hearing about here.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:37 am

I just want to protect the unvaccinated staff and patients from all the vaccine shedding that I've been hearing about here.
I’d be fine with this too, although I think creating unnecessary division and segregating society is a bad idea.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:58 am

I’d be fine with this too, although I think creating unnecessary division and segregating society is a bad idea.
I agree. But in this case it is the unvaccinated hospital staff who are refusing to join with their colleagues when they are absolutely free to do so.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 am

I agree. But in this case it is the unvaccinated hospital staff who are refusing to join with their colleagues when they are absolutely free to do so.
What?

No, we aren’t refusing to “join”. We just don’t want to take a dangerous, experimental medicine made using aborted baby parts.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

October 7 2021: Canada / U.S. (Page 5 is worth review.)
mike wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:26 pm
haithabu wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:43 pm I acknowledge the seriousness of Covid and yet I have to say that the current wave, where 82% of eligible Albertans are vaccinated, is not noticeably different in scale and serious outcomes than earlier waves when none of them were.

Sure the majority of victims (at this point) are unvaccinated, but it appears that the vaccinated are still doing their share in spreading the disease.

So from a public health perspective it is a bust.
In the US the current wave is notably different. It is not as deadly as prior waves.

This is clear from the charts I posted the other day,
where we see that we are coming off the second highest wave of number of cases,
but only the third highest wave of number of deaths.
Last edited by temporal1 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:04 am
Ken wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 am

What?

No, we aren’t refusing to “join”. We just don’t want to take a dangerous, experimental medicine made using aborted baby parts.

So said the Russian school teachers over the red scarf.
0 x