X

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Re: X

Post by Falco Knotwise »

I only know 25 letters of the alphabet myself.

I don't know why.

:D
3 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:19 am One of Elon's kids is named X. I think it is short for Xavier.

His rocket company is SpaceX. The guy just likes the letter X for some reason. I guess it is allowed for people to have favorite letters. I dislike them all the same amount myself. Literacy is evil at times. ;)
Elon has had an affinity for X in his life. As have others.

My mother’s definition of “eccentric” has served me well over decades. She said, “Wealthy people are described as ‘eccentric,’
the rest of us are just called ‘crazy.’ “ :wave:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:36 am
Robert wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:19 am One of Elon's kids is named X. I think it is short for Xavier.
Elon’s son is named X Æ A-Xii.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 84043.html
Explaining the meaning behind the name, Grimes said “X” stands for “the unknown variable”. Meanwhile, “Æ” is the Elven spelling of AI, which is shorthand for artificial intelligence and the word for “love” in several languages, such as Japanese.

“A-12 = precursor to SR-17 (our favourite aircraft). No weapons, no defenses, just speed. Great in battle, but non-violent,” she added. The “A” in the name also represents “Archangel”, the title of a song by Burial that she has previously described as her favourite.
Stupid name.
1 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

If your goal is to destroy Twitter X, this is a pretty good way to do it.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/08/18/elo ... tent-.html
Users of X, formerly known as Twitter, will no longer be able to block comments from unwanted followers, according to a post by X owner Elon Musk on Friday, eliminating what's long been viewed as a key safety feature. Blocking will only be available for direct messages, he said.
Users have been able to use the block function to make sure that hateful content and harassment doesn't show up in their feed in response to their posts. The mute feature just keeps the individual user from seeing the undesired responses, but doesn't eliminate them from others' feeds.
Louis Jones, a longtime media and advertising executive who now works at the Brand Safety Institute, said Musk's latest plan is very concerning as users could be inundated with spam, threats and other harmful content.

Musk's "lax approach to free speech," is likely to have a "double effect," making bullying more common on the platform and inhibiting free speech by those users who are targets of bullies and predators, Jones wrote in an email to CNBC. "It's a downward spiral that cannot be good for the long term success of X."
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/169255841 ... 8-khs7cmwA
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Admiral Acbon »

I'm going to keep calling it Twitter till I hear a good reason to quit. Even Szdfan's X.com link redirects to Twitter.com. I've never been fond of changing names for anything except in the most extreme circumstances.
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:29 pm
ohio jones wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:34 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:13 pmZ
Ok, but Y?
So far, the replacement has been called "Wayland", which seems to be moving back to W. There was an attempt at Y, but it was so non-notorious that it had its Wikipedia page removed.
:lol: :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Admiral Acbon wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 am I'm going to keep calling it Twitter till I hear a good reason to quit. Even Szdfan's X.com link redirects to Twitter.com. I've never been fond of changing names for anything except in the most extreme circumstances.
Don't you mean eXtreme circumstances?

It's pretty funny how media refers to X as the "social media formerly known as Twitter."
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:20 am It's pretty funny how media refers to X as the "social media formerly known as Twitter."
It will eventually get shortened to SMFKAT which, unlike TAFKAP, is actually a character shorter than the original name.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:51 pm It will eventually get shortened to SMFKAT which, unlike TAFKAP, is actually a character shorter than the original name.
My wife uses an email address of tifkas. The IRCer Formally Known As SAM.

We used to do a good bit of IRC chat. When Prince changed his name to the character, she started using the acronym. She is quite a character so it fit well. :lol:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Robert wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:12 pm
ohio jones wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:51 pm It will eventually get shortened to SMFKAT which, unlike TAFKAP, is actually a character shorter than the original name.
My wife uses an email address of tifkas. The IRCer Formally Known As SAM.

We used to do a good bit of IRC chat. When Prince changed his name to the character, she started using the acronym. She is quite a character so it fit well. :lol:
What networks? I used to use Undernet and EFnet… a long time ago.
0 x