Ivermectin

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Ivermectin

Post by Robert »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:57 am Let's all take this disease seriously
Giving early treatment with things that could or might help and have minimal to no side effects is taking it seriously. Waiting until someone is so sick they have to go to the hospital then start treatment is not.
5 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Robert wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 am
Giving early treatment with things that could or might help and have minimal to no side effects is taking it seriously. Waiting until someone is so sick they have to go to the hospital then start treatment is not.
So true!

For example when Neil got tested by the rapid test Sunday they just told him to take Tylenol (that was a doctor) propane if he needed it.

When I contacted his doctor on Monday, I told them I believe he had a sinus infection with his covid so the doctor prescribed antibiotic other than that, his instructions were if his oxygen dropped below 93 or is fever was higher than the 101 it had been to take him to emergency. No treatment. Every doctor has told the people I know there is no treatment.

When I asked his physician who is from India and just got back from India where ivermectin is being used successfully, I assumed since he just got back and was aware of this that I could ask him for a prescription of it and was told he will not prescribe it. There's nothing conventional doctors will do if one has it but tell you to wait till you need to go to emergency. At that point some do not make it out and eventually succumb to it. Wouldn't it have been nice if they were able to get the treatment that have been effective early on
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:57 am
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 am So Neil is in the hospital, and only God knows the outcome of this- we trust the Lord completely, God has bought me all through worse things before life-threatening, but if he chooses that this is his appointed time we still trust the Lord
I will pray for both of you. And yes, God is trustworthy.

Let's all take this disease seriously, though ...
Thank you for prayers, 16 years ago they did not think or encourage me to believe Neil would come through what he went through back then, but God said it is not time yet and we give God the glory we have seen his hand in so many people's lives where doctors had given up or people only had hours and the Lord brought them through and to hHm be the glory. The real glory is on the other side, but we really love to God get the glory, as so many don't believe these days. But we also love to give him glory when we can be a witness when things don't turn out the way we hope. Years ago a co worker wanted to know the Jesus that gave me the strength to go through all that God was allowing when Neil was facing life-threatening situations- she wanted that same Jesus in her life. This is what we hope as Christians
1 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:01 am When I asked his physician who is from India and just got back from India where ivermectin is being used successfully,
Maybe not?

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/coronavir ... 2021-09-26
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 have dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection.

The decision was taken after experts found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.
Studies also found there was no clarity on mortality benefit, no effect on length of hospital stay and recovery in case of Ivermectin.

Recommending that Ivermectin be dropped from the clinical guidance, experts cited 13 systematic reviews of which “7/13 showed mortality benefit, 4/13 no mortality benefit, 2/13 inconclusive/unclear.”

Additionally, there was a high risk of bias in many of the studies, particularly with the ones showing mortality benefit, as the level of certainty is low in them.

The recommendations were made at a meeting of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the ICMR national task force for Covid-19 and the Joint Monitoring Group on August 20.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:12 am
Studies also found there was no clarity on mortality benefit, no effect on length of hospital stay and recovery in case of Ivermectin.

Recommending that Ivermectin be dropped from the clinical guidance, experts cited 13 systematic reviews of which “7/13 showed mortality benefit, 4/13 no mortality benefit, 2/13 inconclusive/unclear.”

Additionally, there was a high risk of bias in many of the studies, particularly with the ones showing mortality benefit, as the level of certainty is low in them.

The recommendations were made at a meeting of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the ICMR national task force for Covid-19 and the Joint Monitoring Group on August 20.

I'm not endorsing Ivermectin, but when you have 13 studies and 7 of them show benefit, 4 no benefit and then you focus on the bias of the positive gain studies and not on the negative studies... the bias is obvious. That being said, I personally have no idea if Ivermectin works, I know it was endorsed by Fouci back for SARS-Covid in 2005 so... logically there must have been a reason. Equally so, its possible we have further data but that data didn't exist prior to Covid-19 to my knowledge. There could have been a study done somewhere but likely there would have been no reason. This makes it a little odd that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine was discounted before further studies were really done.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:01 am
Robert wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 am Giving early treatment with things that could or might help and have minimal to no side effects is taking it seriously. Waiting until someone is so sick they have to go to the hospital then start treatment is not.
So true!

For example when Neil got tested by the rapid test Sunday they just told him to take Tylenol (that was a doctor) propane if he needed it.

When I contacted his doctor on Monday, I told them I believe he had a sinus infection with his covid so the doctor prescribed antibiotic other than that, his instructions were if his oxygen dropped below 93 or is fever was higher than the 101 it had been to take him to emergency. No treatment. :arrow: Every doctor has told the people I know there is no treatment.

When I asked his physician who is from India and just got back from India where ivermectin is being used successfully, I assumed since he just got back and was aware of this that I could ask him for a prescription of it and was told he will not prescribe it.

:arrow: There's nothing conventional doctors will do if one has it but tell you to wait till you need to go to emergency.
At that point some do not make it out and eventually succumb to it. Wouldn't it have been nice if they were able to get the treatment that have been effective early on.

Praying for *another* miracle for Neil and you.
It’s impossible to know in full how many blessing and miracles we receive along the way. We take so much for granted.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am
Szdfan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:12 am

I'm not endorsing Ivermectin, but when you have 13 studies and 7 of them show benefit, 4 no benefit and then you focus on the bias of the positive gain studies and not on the negative studies... the bias is obvious. That being said, I personally have no idea if Ivermectin works, I know it was endorsed by Fouci back for SARS-Covid in 2005 so... logically there must have been a reason. Equally so, its possible we have further data but that data didn't exist prior to Covid-19 to my knowledge. There could have been a study done somewhere but likely there would have been no reason.

This makes it a little odd that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine was discounted before further studies were really done.

Another fact of life is it’s known how powerful lobbies and organized political blocs have no shame in bullying and manipulating - in the U.S., and mercilously overseas.

We can wish it were not so, and that it will end. Until then, trust has been compromised.

Who wouldn’t “just love” to be able to read+trust??!!

If IVM and HCQ are nothing more than placebos?? .. .. Why so threatening?

Doctors used to laugh at Vit C. They didn’t forbid it.
Now, they don’t “prescribe” it, but FREQUENTLY recommend it OTC. There are many examples.

What a bizarre world in which the law-abiding are forced by the sword to comply with numerous untested unproven mandates,
while the same world protects criminals, even tempts unlawfulness, often giving them a pass on mandates required of the law-abiding.

It’s not possible to find sanity in the mix. Trust is definitely compromised.
1 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Yet that’s the “standard of care” the mainstream tells us we should be doing. Wait until you’re really really in bad shape before going to the hospital. No therapies at all recommended at home. Just wait until you can’t breathe and then try to get to an E.R.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:43 pm
Yet that’s the “standard of care” the mainstream tells us we should be doing.
Wait until you’re really really in bad shape before going to the hospital. No therapies at all recommended at home.

Just wait until you can’t breathe and then try to get to an E.R.
Unprecendented emphasis on the importance of “everyone doing nothing.”

Always before, messages encouraged “everyone” to take care of themselves in order to PREVENT ER or hospitalization.
diet, exercise, supplements, OTC, whatever might be helpful. to PREVENT ER or hospitalization.
temporal1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:53 pm (i believe) numerous medications are regularly prescribed for “off-label” purposes.
one example, birth control pills are prescribed for various complaints.

bc pills are distributed to teens+children like candy.
presently, there’s a big push to get abortion pills distributed “like candy.”
i cannot bear the thought of pregnant young women, teens, children, going through these gruesome acts, alone, on toilets.
how can this be?? do females+children have no value at all??

yet. .. .. IVM and HCQ are deemed evil. :evil: God.have.mercy.
Last edited by temporal1 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

UNKNOWN
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:57 am
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 am So Neil is in the hospital, and only God knows the outcome of this- we trust the Lord completely, God has bought me all through worse things before life-threatening, but if he chooses that this is his appointed time we still trust the Lord
I will pray for both of you. And yes, God is trustworthy.

Let's all take this disease seriously, though ...
I am praying for Neil too Valerie. My friend in BC had a similar delay in diagnosis because he had been renoing the old house they bought in BC. Same issue: dust and mouse droppings muddied the issue.
2 x