1 Trillion: $1,000,000,000,000

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: 1 Trillion: $1,000,000,000,000

Post by Sudsy »

The blind leading the blind. But for the believers, I believe we should remind one another often that this is not our home and we are just passing through. We need not fear about tomorrow as God is still ultimately in control. Our focus is to be on investing in heaven where there is no debt. The only debt that matters here is one that Jesus already paid and He offers this debt free state to all who believe that He has.

These debt figures are hard to comprehend for those like myself but it again speaks to me that this world, as we know it, will pass away. It is on a road to destruction and a new heaven and a new earth will come to be. Or is it ? Not to change the discussion of this thread.

But that could lead to another topic for anyone interested - what is your belief in what will happen to this planet earth ? Will it be destroyed and replaced but without a sea ? I don't know whether all Anabaptists have the same view but I know non-Anabaptists have varied views.

Well, back to the topic here.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:22 am Have you viewed the P.1 video, 9min, that attempts to describe the magnitude of 1 single trillion dollars?
No, but I know how to use such numbers using scientific notation.

These numbers are just numbers on people's computer screens. An electromagnetic pulse could get rid of all of it.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

The human body contains about 30 TRILLION cells. Human bodies also carry perhaps double that number of bacterial cells within and on the body, and about 10-times that number of virus particles.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Suds:
The blind leading the blind. .. .. But for the believers, ..
Agreed, for believers, it’s not a problem.
It’s the widespread misery of the ignorant and misguided that haunts me. So much needless misery and suffering.

Esp targeting the unborn, babies, children, teens, young people, and their parents. It’s all so much harder than need be.

The current grand scale of it “knocks me for a loop.”
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

TRILLIONS.

Mercy me, how could i have not foreseen TRILLIONS = unrestrained MIC spending.

Afghanistan (refer to OP)
Ukraine
Israel AND Palestine
Taiwan
South Korea

Infographic: US military presence around the world
The US controls about 750 bases in at least 80 countries worldwide and spends more on its military than the next 10 countries combined.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/1 ... nteractive
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Aug 2021:
Josh wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:49 pm
$1 trillion was spent on occupying Afghanistan in the name of “spreading democracy” and “women’s rights”.

Could have been better spent elsewhere, or not borrowed/taxed in the first place.

Feb 2024: Forbes / BREAKING NEWS:
Rand Paul Absolutely Unleashes On McConnell, Schumer In Tirade Against Ukraine Aid / 41min

It appears, now that the word “TRILLIONS” has been normalized in daily vernacular, “multiple billions” in spending/AKA/debt,
flows freely under the umbrella term. ^^Rand Paul is saying $60 Billion MORE now on a jet to Ukraine.

i continue to disbelieve anyone in Congress, or the White House, has any concept of what 1-single-trillion is, and/or any wherewithal to know how to manage it, oversee it. As Rand claims, they don’t even try. :-|

“The people” are foolish to allow this travesty.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I’m still not clear why other countries need hundreds of billions of our money. Can’t they go into debt themselves? Why do we have to go into debt for them?
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Josh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 am I’m still not clear why other countries need hundreds of billions of our money. Can’t they go into debt themselves? Why do we have to go into debt for them?
I agree. There are two reasons. One reason has to do with NATO. The other reason, IMO, is because Zelensky has threatened to expose the corruption tied to the current president, if he doesn't pay up. More than likely Ukraine is going to loose the war any way.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 am
Josh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 am I’m still not clear why other countries need hundreds of billions of our money.
Can’t they go into debt themselves? Why do we have to go into debt for them?
I agree. There are two reasons.
One reason has to do with NATO. The other reason, IMO, is because Zelensky has threatened to expose the corruption tied to the current president, if he doesn't pay up. More than likely Ukraine is going to loose the war any way.
^^ i would add, i believe when Putin invaded Ukraine, he triggered a very well-prepared response, there was no surprise factor. (Not by the Left-West.) History is replete with examples of surprise attacks. This wasn’t one.

i’ve wondered if what unfolded, before+after, might one day be ruled entrapment? maybe not. but the response was orchestrated, no surprise. the billions+billions, no surprise. ready at the snap of Z’s fingers. i’m not sure i’ve seen anything like it.

remember, the U.S. military response to 9-11-01 was almost 2 years after!
Josh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 am I’m still not clear why other countries need hundreds of billions of our money.
Can’t they go into debt themselves? Why do we have to go into debt for them?
^^ Career politicians LOVE the power+control CODEPENDENCY achieves.
Domestically, the welfare state, AND convincing everyone, from paupers to tycoons, that the Publuc Treasury is THE PLACE to go for resources.

Ditto for foreign countries. Money=control.

One reason i admire CMs for attempting to maintain financial independence from gov funds.
The money is tempting! No question.

But, at what net cost?

A healthy government system would support independence, not create dependence. Domestic+foreign.
The U.S. should want healthy neighbors, and healthy legal citizens. Not crippled codependents.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Grace wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 am
Josh wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 am I’m still not clear why other countries need hundreds of billions of our money. Can’t they go into debt themselves? Why do we have to go into debt for them?
I agree. There are two reasons. One reason has to do with NATO. The other reason, IMO, is because Zelensky has threatened to expose the corruption tied to the current president, if he doesn't pay up. More than likely Ukraine is going to loose the war any way.
If he did that at least there would be one positive outcome from this disaster.

NATO has refused to fund itself and instead relies on trillions of American taxpayer debt - meanwhile, Europeans award themselves 7 weeks of vacation a year whilst American families are struggling and are lucky to get 2 weeks off.
0 x