Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Josh wrote:
AnthonyMartin wrote:The Coronavirus recovery curve has kept pace with the new cases curve for the past 4 days, that's a pretty good sign for the moment.
Do you really believe the PR China’s statistics?
Somewhat, they do seem to collaborate somewhat with the WHO
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
Josh wrote:
AnthonyMartin wrote:The Coronavirus recovery curve has kept pace with the new cases curve for the past 4 days, that's a pretty good sign for the moment.
Do you really believe the PR China’s statistics?
Somewhat, they do seem to collaborate somewhat with the WHO
The same WHO they wouldn’t let enter the country for a month?
0 x
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Post by Fidelio »

temporal1 wrote:...on this, i admit i have a fantasy that all these many victims and their families might one day coordinate a class action lawsuit against gov, much like the Agent Orange case, or lead poisoning in public drinking water. in my view, what gov is doing/not doing, falls into those categories.
On a lower level, but just as insidious as we were/are told it is good for us, is the fluoridation of the public water supply in many cities. How absurd to force people to systemically take in fluoride when it is meant for direct application to teeth, and can be purchased for such direct application. I once read an article that it is a waste product of the aluminum industry. Industry is always looking for ways to sell waste product.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Fidelio wrote:
temporal1 wrote:...on this, i admit i have a fantasy that all these many victims and their families might one day coordinate a class action lawsuit against gov, much like the Agent Orange case, or lead poisoning in public drinking water. in my view, what gov is doing/not doing, falls into those categories.
On a lower level, but just as insidious as we were/are told it is good for us, is the fluoridation of the public water supply in many cities. How absurd to force people to systemically take in fluoride when it is meant for direct application to teeth, and can be purchased for such direct application. I once read an article that it is a waste product of the aluminum industry. Industry is always looking for ways to sell waste product.
You may want to watch fewer InfoWars episodes.
0 x
Fidelio

Post by Fidelio »

Josh wrote:
Fidelio wrote:
You may want to watch fewer InfoWars episodes.
What is InfoWars, a television series? I don't know as I have not watched television in 30 years.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Fidelio wrote:What is InfoWars, a television series? I don't know as I have not watched television in 30 years.
Worse - it's on the Internet.
0 x
Fidelio

Post by Fidelio »

Josh wrote:
Fidelio wrote:What is InfoWars, a television series? I don't know as I have not watched television in 30 years.
Well, I have never heard of the site, but I do believe that adding fluoride to our water is dead wrong. It does nothing to make the water safer to drink.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Fidelio wrote:
Josh wrote:
Well, I have never heard of the site, but I do believe that adding fluoride to our water is dead wrong. It does nothing to make the water safer to drink.
But it does make a big difference with tooth decay.
0 x
Fidelio

Post by Fidelio »

Josh wrote:
Fidelio wrote:
Josh wrote:
But it does make a big difference with tooth decay.
But we don't drink water to address tooth decay. Also I am not convinced it makes much difference with tooth decay as many of my teeth decayed badly in spite of drinking fluoridated water all my life. And as I said before, there are topical applications such as fluoride rinse and it is in toothpastes. You can even get toothpastes with higher levels. So what it it does help teeth? What good (or bad) is it for the rest of my body?

BTW, are you a dentist?
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

In some places water is naturally flouridated and those places had less tooth decay.

Fluoridated water has no health concerns.

However if it really bothers you, then I guess you could just filter your city water.
0 x