What is your church doing for services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: What is your church doing for services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Post by ohio jones »

0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote:Image
That is so funny!

How many people get dressed up for online services? Stand when the singing starts, sit when you normally don't? How many have coffee while watching?

I'm wonderi g what we will do with our cat Aslan when we start going to church again. He's co.e running downstairs when he heard the worship music stary & jumped up on the coffee table to join us. I'll have my Bibles open and he will put his head down on one, or laid on one, resting in God's Word. We've had such joy ad he joins us so I will feel hurt leaving him home! He seems to love church!
0 x
Ambassador
Affiliation:

Post by Ambassador »

We gathered as a church again yesterday for the first time in about 6 or 7 weeks. It was optional, we still provided the zoom option. At least 3/4 of the church was there. What a blessing it was. It was held off sight in a brother's shop.
0 x
Ambassador
Affiliation:

Post by Ambassador »

Maybe this is a good time to open this thread again. At least in PA they have told everyone to wear masks again whenever in public. At our church, we are encouraging people to wear masks before and after church, but not necessarily during. It is not required, however, to attend church.

How is your church handling all this?
0 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Ambassador wrote:Maybe this is a good time to open this thread again. At least in PA they have told everyone to wear masks again whenever in public. At our church, we are encouraging people to wear masks before and after church, but not necessarily during. It is not required, however, to attend church.

How is your church handling all this?
Our church is mostly doing what you noted. They stated that they are letting application of the state mandate up to the individual. And enforcement up to the state. That is pretty much the position we took at my school also.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

We are meeting again for the last several weeks. We are spread out in family groups. We sing. We offer a space in the last several songs for concerned people to leave and avoid crowding. The state has mandated 25% building capacity so we pre-register but that has not a large problem, there are still some who are not ready for that much contact and prefer zoom. The social atmosphere has been the largest victim. Back when we had sunday school, it would close some what randomly according to the teacher/discussion and then there was at least an hour of hanging out, running around, catching up and discussing the sermon/class. This may be the new norm I guess.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

“Social distancing” had better not become a norm amongst the people of God, particularly to the stranger and the seeker. I’m glad Jesus didn’t socially distance himself from us.
0 x