I'll just leave this right here...

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: I'll just leave this right here...

Post by Sudsy »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:08 pm
Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 pm
barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:04 pm Susy said it well. I am an alien and I am as well off as the king of universe has seen fit.
What is a Susy?

Supersymmetry - Wikipedia
A supersymmetric theory is a theory in which the equations for force and the equations for matter are identical. In theoretical and mathematical physics, any theory with this property has the principle of supersymmetry (SUSY).

:lol:
:laugh
“Wake up, little SUSY, wake up!
O yes, the Everly Brothers # 1 hit in 1957. Brings back some memories. "Bye Bye Love," another. My older sister was dating in those days and hung out at our local Drive-In Restaurants where the girls served you in your car on roller skates. We still have a car service Dairy Freez about 10 miles from my house and we stop by at times for a soft ice cream cone. Girls are no longer on roller skates but still serve and use those window trays. They first opened in 1954 and were closed during COVID-19 but are open again now. Quite a famous stop, especially for us seniors.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Things are hard for everyone i know.
The worst for me is seeing crime, filth, disease, sin, etc., promoted as “the price of freedom.”
i’m sorry that children+young people will know nothing else - i.e., they are becoming accustomed to filth+depravity all around, and being told it’s normal.

When i was young, Europeans made fun of “Americans” for being so CLEAN! Showering daily, etc.
Young people would drive coast to coast, expect to be ok, expect to be able to find respectable work and housing.

No matter socio-economic position, HOPE was available to all.

Today, many who are relatively wealthy are HOPELESS. Childless and hopeless.

Trillions in gov spending aren’t expected to “fix” anything. More trillions will be summoned.

Jesus offers HOPE to all, “as you are.” Poverty does not equate to hopelessness. Not in Jesus’ presence.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

You know….

As Christians we can be a shining light even when decay is all around us.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:40 pm You know….
As Christians we can be a shining light even when decay is all around us.
His way is The Way.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm
Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 pm

What is a Susy?

Supersymmetry - Wikipedia
A supersymmetric theory is a theory in which the equations for force and the equations for matter are identical. In theoretical and mathematical physics, any theory with this property has the principle of supersymmetry (SUSY).

O yes, the Everly Brothers # 1 hit in 1957. Brings back some memories. "Bye Bye Love," another. My older sister was dating in those days and hung out at our local Drive-In Restaurants where the girls served you in your car on roller skates. We still have a car service Dairy Freez about 10 miles from my house and we stop by at times for a soft ice cream cone. Girls are no longer on roller skates but still serve and use those window trays. They first opened in 1954 and were closed during COVID-19 but are open again now. Quite a famous stop, especially for us seniors.
So, they lost their 'wheels'?
"And She Had Fun, Fun, Fun Till Her Daddy Took the T-Bird Away".
2 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Neto wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 pm
Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm

So, they lost their 'wheels'?
"And She Had Fun, Fun, Fun Till Her Daddy Took the T-Bird Away".
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm O yes, the Everly Brothers # 1 hit in 1957. Brings back some memories. "Bye Bye Love," another. My older sister was dating in those days and hung out at our local Drive-In Restaurants where the girls served you in your car on roller skates. We still have a car service Dairy Freez about 10 miles from my house and we stop by at times for a soft ice cream cone. Girls are no longer on roller skates but still serve and use those window trays. They first opened in 1954 and were closed during COVID-19 but are open again now. Quite a famous stop, especially for us seniors.
My great-uncle owned a Dogs 'n Suds drive-thru in Northern Indiana during the '50s. He unfortunately died by electrocuting himself while working on fixing a deep fryer.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am
Sudsy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm O yes, the Everly Brothers # 1 hit in 1957. Brings back some memories. "Bye Bye Love," another. My older sister was dating in those days and hung out at our local Drive-In Restaurants where the girls served you in your car on roller skates. We still have a car service Dairy Freez about 10 miles from my house and we stop by at times for a soft ice cream cone. Girls are no longer on roller skates but still serve and use those window trays. They first opened in 1954 and were closed during COVID-19 but are open again now. Quite a famous stop, especially for us seniors.
My great-uncle owned a Dogs 'n Suds drive-thru in Northern Indiana during the '50s. He unfortunately died by electrocuting himself while working on fixing a deep fryer.
Wow, did they actually sell beer with hot dogs that people could eat and drink in their cars ? Or am I not understanding how this worked ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:39 pm Wow, did they actually sell beer with hot dogs that people could eat and drink in their cars ? Or am I not understanding how this worked ?
Indeed they did. There are still a handful of locations around, though nowhere near the 650 at the company's peak.

0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited