The Challenges of Adoption

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: The Challenges of Adoption

Post by Ken »

Mountain Merle wrote:
Josh wrote: Every adoption is a tragedy.
Heir's wasn't. It was his lifeline out of depravity. I think what you are trying to say is that the depravity in his bio family was the tragedy, not the adoption.
So maybe more accurate to say "behind every adoption is a tragedy"
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Mountain Merle wrote:
Heir's wasn't. It was his lifeline out of depravity. I think what you are trying to say is that the depravity in his bio family was the tragedy, not the adoption.
Any time a child cannot be with their parents, it’s a tragedy, one that can’t be ever be fully healed via earthly means.
0 x
Mountain Merle
Affiliation: Redneck Mennonite

Post by Mountain Merle »

Josh wrote:
Mountain Merle wrote:
Any time a child cannot be with their parents, it’s a tragedy, one that can’t be ever be fully healed via earthly means.
I don't mean to be argumentative, but in Heir's case the biggest tragedy of all would have been if he would have stayed with his birth parents.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mountain Merle wrote:
Josh wrote:
Mountain Merle wrote:
I don't mean to be argumentative, but in Heir's case the biggest tragedy of all would have been if he would have stayed with his birth parents.
The tragedy is that they weren’t fit parents to begin with. That’s a brokenness that can’t ever be undone (other than by our Redeemer who ultimately will mend every wound).
0 x
Mountain Merle

Post by Mountain Merle »

Josh wrote:
Mountain Merle wrote:
Josh wrote:
The tragedy is that they weren’t fit parents to begin with. That’s a brokenness that can’t ever be undone (other than by our Redeemer who ultimately will mend every wound).
I totally agree. It just would have been a double tragedy if Heir would have had to stay in that situation.
0 x
queserasera_2
Affiliation:

Post by queserasera_2 »

Most people are not grateful for unhealed tragedy and I know many adoptees who are very thankful that they were adopted.

It is truly tragic that addiction, violence and other causes result in some being unfit to parent the children God creates. But adoption is not the tragedy. It is part of the solution, the healing, the redemption. God Himself uses the imagery.

It is not a tragedy that our son will be taught about Jesus, that he has a Daddy, or that his home is safe and free from drugs, profanity, abuse and promiscuity. And you shall never convince me otherwise though you speak with a blue face.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Whoa, people. I think I may have stated it a bit off. What I meant was that every adoption happens because of a tragedy.

Stop taking things personally.
0 x
queserasera_2
Affiliation:

Post by queserasera_2 »

Stop saying personal things.....it helps people not take things personally.
0 x
Mountain Merle

Post by Mountain Merle »

Josh wrote: I think I may have stated it a bit off.
Congratulations Josh, you backed down on something. I must say, it complements you! :clap:
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mountain Merle wrote:
Josh wrote: I think I may have stated it a bit off.
Congratulations Josh, you backed down on something. I must say, it complements you! :clap:
Well, I never meant to say adopting kids is a tragedy, but I do mean to say that adoption always happens in the context of a tragedy.
0 x