COVID-19: Silver Linings?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: COVID-19: Silver Linings?

Post by Szdfan »

Rdm wrote:Even though there are good places and events that have been shut down, we can be glad for all the evil places and events that also are shut down.
Bars, strip clubs, Hollywood, drag queen story hour at libraries, and even a number of abortion centers are being closed, or severely impeded in there work.
[bible]Matthew 5, 45[/bible]
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Our three teenage daughters created a date night for us tonight in our camper. I'm sure the Greek scholars on here will appreciate the name. Feeling very blessed!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1555606811
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

AnthonyMartin wrote:Our three teenage daughters created a date night for us tonight in our camper. I'm sure the Greek scholars on here will appreciate the name. Feeling very blessed!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1555606811
:up: :clap: They did a nice job of setting it up too. May your καραντίνα prove relaxing and may you never have a need for it for health reasons.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Rdm
Affiliation: Non-trad. Menno

Post by Rdm »

There's a young teenage boy my brother has been mentoring who, in my brother's words, "If you tell him it's a rebellious thing to do, he'll do it."
The boy's father called my bro a week or so after the schools shut down and told him that the separation from his friends has been really good for him. The boy is helping out more, less rebellious, more compliant, etc. (Of course, the root problem is that he needs to be surrendered to Christ, but hopefully this time can open the door to a better relationship with his parents and will lead to a closer walk with the Lord as well.)
Hopefully there are other stories out there like this of families, especially those with teenagers, bonding together more and realizing how important family is.
0 x
Ms. Izzie
Affiliation: CA

Post by Ms. Izzie »

Mennonites, who in the past have socially-distanced themselves from those who didn't fit well in the Mennonite box, are now experiencing some of what it feels like. If this experience would change (for the better) the way they treat people in the future, that, in my opinion, would be a silver lining.
0 x