What is your church doing for services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: What is your church doing for services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote:
Ernie wrote: Is this every Sunday at 10:00? Do you want a lot of traffic?
Its public, open to all. I think its usually published about 8:30 am sunday morning.
Sorry. What is published and where?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote:
barnhart wrote:
Ernie wrote: Is this every Sunday at 10:00? Do you want a lot of traffic?
Its public, open to all. I think its usually published about 8:30 am sunday morning.
I was referencing the messages on the church youtube channel. Maybe we got our signals mixed here.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote:
Ernie wrote:
barnhart wrote: Its public, open to all. I think its usually published about 8:30 am sunday morning.
I was referencing the messages on the church youtube channel. Maybe we got our signals mixed here.

So is a pre-recorded message published at 8:30 Sunday morning?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote:
barnhart wrote:
Ernie wrote: Sorry. What is published and where?

Yes.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

barnhart wrote:
Ernie wrote:
barnhart wrote: I was referencing the messages on the church youtube channel. Maybe we got our signals mixed here.[/quote

Yes.
Ok got it. Thanks!
0 x
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

We do Zoom meetings now. For some reason we do it on Wednesday evenings. Probably to allow people to watch live stream Sunday services from other churches on the Sunday (we don‘t have that).

We meet from 7:30 on and have a half hour to chat freely. The official part starts at 8 with worship (no singing but prayers and listening to a song), then a short live message from one of the ministers. Then we also had a part where everybody who wanted to share something could do that. That‘s how we did it last week. Today is the next meeting so we‘ll see what‘s going to happen :)
0 x
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

Swiss Bro wrote:We do Zoom meetings now. For some reason we do it on Wednesday evenings. Probably to allow people to watch live stream Sunday services from other churches on the Sunday (we don‘t have that).

We meet from 7:30 on and have a half hour to chat freely. The official part starts at 8 with worship (no singing but prayers and listening to a song), then a short live message from one of the ministers. Then we also had a part where everybody who wanted to share something could do that. That‘s how we did it last week. Today is the next meeting so we‘ll see what‘s going to happen :)
We had the Lord‘s Supper tonight. It worked quite well too 8-)
0 x
Rdm
Affiliation: Non-trad. Menno

Post by Rdm »

Swiss Bro wrote:
Swiss Bro wrote:We do Zoom meetings now. For some reason we do it on Wednesday evenings. Probably to allow people to watch live stream Sunday services from other churches on the Sunday (we don‘t have that).

We had the Lord‘s Supper tonight. It worked quite well too 8-)
We observed the Lord's Supper over zoom and everyone used what they had on hand, since it was very short notice. My husband and I used prune juice and tortillas. :P
0 x
Rdm

Post by Rdm »

My husband and I regularly attend to churches. One of them is a smaller, non-denom church and immediately set up zoom and we're back to regularly scheduled programming. The only thing we're not able to do is the regular singing time. There is another smaller church with which they often associate from a few hours away, and they have started regularly joining us, so the size of the church group has temporarily doubled.
The other church is Mennonite and quite a bit larger, and it took a little while to coordinate things. We are now having zoom meetings, but only about a third of the people show up. It's disappointing since it's definitely not because of technical issues, in fact, the regular zoom attendees are largely those whom I would have thought would have had the most trouble with new technology. But in many ways, I enjoy it more than regular services because I feel like those who attend church because of peer pressure have been largely weeded out, and those who really want to gather with their brothers and sisters are making the extra effort to do so. I think this quarantine has the potential to do some purifying to the American church by separating the casual attendees and those who really value corporate fellowship.
0 x
Rdm

Post by Rdm »

My husband and I regularly attend to churches. One of them is a smaller, non-denom church and immediately set up zoom and we're back to regularly scheduled programming. The only thing we're not able to do is the regular singing time. There is another smaller church with which they often associate from a few hours away, and they have started regularly joining us, so the size of the church group has temporarily doubled.

The other church is Mennonite and quite a bit larger, and it took a little while to coordinate things. We are now having zoom meetings, but only about a third of the people show up. It's disappointing since it's definitely not because of technical issues, in fact, the regular zoom attendees are largely those whom I would have thought would have had the most trouble with new technology.

But in many ways, I enjoy it more than regular services because I feel like those who attend church because of peer pressure have been largely weeded out, and those who really want to gather with their brothers and sisters are making the extra effort to do so. I think this quarantine has the potential to do some purifying to the American church by separating the casual attendees and those who really value corporate fellowship.
0 x