NFL “values”

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

NFL “values”

Post by temporal1 »

NFL “values”

HARRISON BUTKER is “enjoying” social media “attention” as a result of his words directed to a Catholic university graduating class.
Noted in another thread: P.4 / viewtopic.php?t=1101&start=30

Harrison has supporters, but THE-BIG-NOISE is shredding him, attempting to punish him - - - for his thoughts, religious beliefs, words.
Hey, western civilization, are we having fun yet??! :?

Doors open for The Babylon Bee: :arrow:

“ 'Harrison Butker Does Not Reflect Our Values,' Says League Of Woman Beaters”
https://babylonbee.com/news/harrison-bu ... an-beaters
NEW YORK, NY — In response to an angry outcry from feminists regarding statements he made in a commencement speech, the NFL issued a statement that Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker does not represent the values of the rest of the league of woman beaters.

The Chiefs kicker, a devout Catholic, expressed several controversial opinions during his speech, including strong support for traditional family values, none of which fall in line with the NFL's standard behavioral code upheld by teams filled with woman beaters, child abusers, drunk drivers, and drug traffickers.

"Harrison Butker does not reflect our values," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in a statement defending the league of depraved convicted criminals who make millions playing a game while abusing women in their free time. "We sincerely apologize for Butker's inexcusable support for family values. We want to reiterate our commitment to continue filling the roster of all our franchises with violent criminals who would probably be in prison if they weren't working for us." ..
.. Players from across the league came forward to distance themselves from Butker's dangerous statements. "I don't want to associate with that type of religious extremism," said Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill, who has a record including allegations of domestic violence and child abuse. "Those types of views have no place in our league."

At publishing time, an NFL spokesman said the league was still deliberating what form of punishment Butker may receive for urging college students to be good fathers and mothers and to have families rather than murder their unborn children. ..

i generally ignore the NFL. with no plans to change. :-|
Last edited by temporal1 on Tue May 21, 2024 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: NFL “values”

Post by steve-in-kville »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 am
i generally ignore the NFL. with no plans to change. :-|
We have ESPN on the TV in our lunchroom at work. I've learned to ignore it for the most part.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

2021 / NFL Removes All Coaches, Players, Fans Who Have Ever Said A Bad Word, Only Tim Tebow Remains
https://babylonbee.com/news/nfl-removes ... ow-remains
0 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

This is a statement issued by the Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica, one of the Catholic institutions that helped start and continues to sponsor Benedictine College where Butker made his comments --

The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica do not believe that Harrison Butker’s comments in his 2024 Benedictine College commencement address represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested.

Instead of promoting unity in our church, our nation, and the world, his comments seem to have fostered division. One of our concerns was the assertion that being a homemaker is the highest calling for a woman. We sisters have dedicated our lives to God and God’s people, including the many women whom we have taught and influenced during the past 160 years. These women have made a tremendous difference in the world in their roles as wives and mothers and through their God-given gifts in leadership, scholarship, and their careers.

Our community has taught young women and men not just how to be “homemakers” in a limited sense, but rather how to make a Gospel-centered, compassionate home within themselves where they can welcome others as Christ, empowering them to be the best versions of themselves. We reject a narrow definition of what it means to be Catholic. We are faithful members of the Catholic Church who embrace and promote the values of the Gospel, St. Benedict, and Vatican II and the teachings of Pope Francis.

We want to be known as an inclusive, welcoming community, embracing Benedictine values that have endured for more than 1500 years and have spread through every continent and nation. We believe those values are the core of Benedictine College.

We thank all who are supportive of our Mount community and the values we hold. With St. Benedict, we pray, “Let us prefer nothing whatever to Christ, and may he lead us all together to life everlasting.”
Butker is free to say what he wants, but others are also free to object to what he says and push back.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Szdfan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:33 am This is a statement issued by the Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica, one of the Catholic institutions that helped start and continues to sponsor Benedictine College where Butker made his comments --

.. Butker is free to say what he wants, but others are also free to object to what he says and push back.
interesting for another topic, this topic is about NFL “values.” (this is the first page.)

the objections are not confined to opinions, the push is to punish him, silence him, cost him his employment.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:42 am
Szdfan wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:33 am This is a statement issued by the Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica, one of the Catholic institutions that helped start and continues to sponsor Benedictine College where Butker made his comments --

.. Butker is free to say what he wants, but others are also free to object to what he says and push back.
interesting for another topic, this topic is about NFL “values.” (this is the first page.)

the objections are not confined to opinions, the push is to punish him, silence him, cost him his employment.
You mean like what happened to Colin Kaepernick?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It's really telling how some people on MennoNet can even find what he said controversial, as if someone saying that being a homemaker is a high calling is... somehow a bad thing.

I really do wonder about some of you people. Do you really think that making Excel spreadsheets for a big corp. is a higher calling than being a homemaker?
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:21 am

I really do wonder about some of you people.
I do whatever I can to keep you all guessing 8-)
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:30 am
Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:21 am

I really do wonder about some of you people.
I do whatever I can to keep you all guessing 8-)
Oddly enough, I've never wondered about you...
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 am i generally ignore the NFL. with no plans to change. :-|
So you'll be ignoring this thread? :P
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited