Bud Light

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Bud Light

Post by Soloist »

Is Bud light’s owners receiving death threats against them and their families? Having their suppliers been threatened? Is there threats against other bottling companies?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If your marketing campaign persuades people to stop buying your product, perhaps it is a poor choice of a marketing campaign.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:56 pm
RZehr wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:49 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:00 pm So it is OK to try and destroy one business (Bud Light) over LGBT culture war issues, but not OK to try and destroy another business (say a wedding cake shop) over the same LGBT culture war issues?

I frankly don't care about either one. I don't drink Bud and I don't shop at wedding cake stores. But it is hard to keep it all straight.
Life can be hard. Just keep trying, you might learn how to keep it all straight. :)

One is a massive $100+ billion, foreign multinational corporation, the largest beer company in the world, that sells beer to drunkards. Customers are freely choosing not to buy from them.

The other is a small, local, family owned business that is selling cake to people who are getting married instead of living in fornication. Customers were suing them for $150,000 in order to force them to say things that they didn't want to say.
So it’s just a matter of scale then?

I honestly don’t care either way.
Lol. You’re not there yet. Keep trying though.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:00 pm So it is OK to try and destroy one business (Bud Light) over LGBT culture war issues, but not OK to try and destroy another business (say a wedding cake shop) over the same LGBT culture war issues?

I frankly don't care about either one. I don't drink Bud and I don't shop at wedding cake stores. But it is hard to keep it all straight.
I was marking this post up for another warning. I pulled back because it is a question but worded VERY poorly, yet taken to an extreme of something not said. Use your educational skills and find better ways at wording or, next time, I will continue with the official warning.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

https://fortune.com/2024/02/14/will-bud ... s-outlook/
Bud Light continues to hemorrhage customers after a rough 2023, when the brand’s notable promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney during March Madness caused many conservatives to boycott the brand.

As revealed in earnings disclosed by its parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev, appetite was lukewarm amid a 17% decline in sales to U.S. retailers “primarily due to the volume decline of Bud Light.”

Meanwhile, Molson Coors was riding the wave of spilled Bud Light, reporting a 9.3% growth in net sales in 2023 on Tuesday. Rubbing salt in the wounds, it partially attributed its strong earnings to its new customers. “Molson Coors was well positioned to benefit from the significant shifts in consumer purchasing habits, largely in the U.S. premium segment in 2023,” the earnings report said, though it didn’t name any of the company’s competitors.
I never guessed this would have gone this badly for A.B. for this long.
Climate change has also impacted beer-production forecasts.
:roll:
“It will be increasingly difficult for us as plant breeders to provide new varieties of barley and new varieties of hops that can meet, just, all of the terrors of the climate change process,” Patrick Hayes, a professor at Oregon State University, told Fortune in November. “And I say terrors because…it’s that volatility, which is so, so frightening.”
Terrors… :roll:
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

For the financial classes volatility is a real enemy, it pulls the curtain back and reveals how vulnerable their house of cards really is.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

barnhart wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:21 am For the financial classes volatility is a real enemy, it pulls the curtain back and reveals how vulnerable their house of cards really is.
I think most businesses (of any size) would have a real challenge dealing with a 17% decline in revenue. It's always hard to know how to manage a downturn, particularly with labor, because you just can't take an axe your workforce overnight. Especially when you have no idea how bad it will be, or how long it will last.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

mike wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:23 am
barnhart wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:21 am For the financial classes volatility is a real enemy, it pulls the curtain back and reveals how vulnerable their house of cards really is.
I think most businesses (of any size) would have a real challenge dealing with a 17% decline in revenue. It's always hard to know how to manage a downturn, particularly with labor, because you just can't take an axe your workforce overnight. Especially when you have no idea how bad it will be, or how long it will last.
That is true. But the classes I am talking about are higher in the system. They can produce profit by shifting their resources out of specific industries. What they can't manage is unpredictability and economy wide trends.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

barnhart wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:08 am
mike wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:23 am
That is true. But the classes I am talking about are higher in the system. They can produce profit by shifting their resources out of specific industries. What they can't manage is unpredictability and economy wide trends.
Altho career politicians, like HRC, (Karen) Haley, etc., don’t “like” it, READING THE ROOM remains important.
Corporations should stick to P+L ledgers, forget about lib social engineering experiments.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN