Lancaster Online: web usage among Amish & Mennonites

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Lancaster Online: web usage among Amish & Mennonites

Post by Josh »

eccentric_rambler wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:00 pm It would be different for your church, Josh. In the case of Eastern, the other churches in question are usually similar enough it seems there should be enough mutual trust to sort out issues as they come up. If an organizations bylaws called for a much more liberal group to handle conflicts I think Eastern would be right to be uncomfortable. If the bylaws call for three ordained members from a group Eastern exchanges pulpits with to handle problems why the lack of trust?
My sneaking suspicion is that Eastern has more in common with my church than they may care to admit.
1 x
eccentric_rambler
Affiliation: NMB->Ultra

Re: Lancaster Online: web usage among Amish & Mennonites

Post by eccentric_rambler »

Josh wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:08 pm
eccentric_rambler wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:00 pm It would be different for your church, Josh. In the case of Eastern, the other churches in question are usually similar enough it seems there should be enough mutual trust to sort out issues as they come up. If an organizations bylaws called for a much more liberal group to handle conflicts I think Eastern would be right to be uncomfortable. If the bylaws call for three ordained members from a group Eastern exchanges pulpits with to handle problems why the lack of trust?
My sneaking suspicion is that Eastern has more in common with my church than they may care to admit.
:laugh
0 x