Article: Welcome to our new ‘bespoke realities’

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Article: Welcome to our new ‘bespoke realities’

Post by Ken »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:32 pm Wait: does that mean I can apply for the US Presidency job?
Yes if you are a natural born US Citizen.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:41 pm
MaxPC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:32 pm Wait: does that mean I can apply for the US Presidency job?
Well, let’s say he isn’t one today but he might be one on election day through a special act of Congress, and thus he can be on the ballot now… (if you follow my reasoning here).
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 pm
Well, let’s say he isn’t one today but he might be one on election day through a special act of Congress, and thus he can be on the ballot now… (if you follow my reasoning here).
It would take a Constitutional Amendment not a special act of Congress. Which means passage by 2/3 majority in each house of Congress plus ratification by 3/4 of the states.

So you are cutting it close if you want to get all that done November 2024. Well, earlier than that if you want to get on the ballot in every state.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:54 pm
If you can convince Colorado to put you on the ballot, go for it.
:laugh
barnhart wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:08 pm I suppose I have created a sort of bespoke reality for myself by refusing any news sources that are angry, overly negative or demonize their opponents.
Likewise.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:43 pm
Josh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 pm

It would take a Constitutional Amendment not a special act of Congress. Which means passage by 2/3 majority in each house of Congress plus ratification by 3/4 of the states.

So you are cutting it close if you want to get all that done November 2024. Well, earlier than that if you want to get on the ballot in every state.
Or how about this? Just say you're a natural born citizen, and when someone objects, appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court and come up with novel legal theories as you go.
0 x