Poll: Covid (as of December 2022)

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.

Check all the apply:

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:52 pm

1. I'm not aware of having Covid yet.
17%
2. I've tested positive but haven't had any symptoms yet that I'm aware of.
No votes
3. I've only had mild symptoms. Never anything severe like a bad flu.
17%
4. I've had symptoms that were at least as severe as a bad flu.
9%
5. I was fully vaccinated (one dose or two doses, whichever was considered fully vaccinated at the time of the vaccination)
26%
6. I've had booster shots.
16%
7. I've not yet been vaccinated.
9%
8. I have had Covid (with symptoms) at least twice. (don't check if checking # 9 or 10)
4%
9. I have had Covid (with symptoms) at least thrice. (don't check if checking # 8 or 10)
3%
10. I have had Covid (with symptoms) at least four times.
No votes

Total votes: 77

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Poll: Covid (as of December 2022)

Post by Ernie »

I thought it might be interesting to see how everybody is doing with Covid.
I've had it for the last four days and am still feeling quite miserable.
This is the first that I've contracted it that I am aware of.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Poll: Covid (as of December 2022)

Post by Ken »

I've had all my recommended vaccinations and boosters.

I caught a very minor case last February when my daughter brought it home from school. Mild symptoms lasted about 1-2 days and was gone. I knew it was COVID because I did a home test to verify.

That is the only time I have had it that I am aware of. I work in public schools so get lots of exposure to hundreds of students daily. Which is why I'm vigilant about keeping up my boosters.

Only one death in my extended family that I am aware of. The father-in-law of one of my cousins died of COVID in Michigan back in early 2021 if I recall. No idea if he was vaccinated or not. It was all kind of hush hush.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I got it once, lab authenticated :roll: exposed to active work place infection a year later, multiple others got it and I remained free of it. Lab tested immunity around same time. Still against all vaccines due to fetal cell connections.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

tested positive once, dry cough, fatigue, loss of taste and smell, nov 2020. mostly the taste and smell is back, but there is still some distortion. but certainly much much better than at one time.
2 dose vaccinations for work. no boosters.

one episode of head congestion within the past 2 months. i blame it because i was lax in taking my vitamin c and vitamin d. barring unforeseen circumstances, that won't happen again.

otherwise, i've been much luckier than some of those around me.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to ignore that nonsense. another fb meme
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I have been blessed with unusually good health, I haven't had any flu symptoms since before 2020.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I find it interesting that 8 people (out of about 20 poll participants) are not aware that they have had Covid yet.

People were telling me prior to this past week that I am sort of a rarity in that that I had not gotten it yet.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I'm sure I had it late in 2019 before anyone knew what it really was. My workplace quarantined me twice, but I tested negative, just had flu-like symptoms. I was never vaccinated.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
Karstan78
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Karstan78 »

Ernie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:20 am I find it interesting that 8 people (out of about 20 poll participants) are not aware that they have had Covid yet.

People were telling me prior to this past week that I am sort of a rarity in that that I had not gotten it yet.
This is interesting, have you had an antibody test? Some people I knew were sure they had never contracted Covid, but they took an antibody test and behold! they had antibodies present. They are very anti-vax too so no antibodies from a vaccine. Somewhere along the line they must have had the virus, just no symptoms.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Karstan78 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:09 amThis is interesting, have you had an antibody test?
I did an antibody test about a year ago and did not have antibodies.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Being one of those who is not aware if I have had covid yet. The only time I believe I could have had it was last January when I had cold symptoms and my husband had just gotten home from rehab after a serious fall. We were pretty much home bound and I could not leave him alone to go get tested. My husband and no one who visited us got sick. Did I have it? Haven't a clue- I'd just had my booster within the last 6 weeks.

My husband was tested numerous times at the hospital and before going to rehab and was always neg. My children who visited us were tested for work reasons never tested positive even after visiting us. So?????

But as we were isolated for obvious reasons I wasn't concerned and all knew when they came I had that cold which didn't last long and no after effects.
0 x