Colorado Suspect Identifies as Non-Binary

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Colorado Suspect Identifies as Non-Binary

Post by MaxPC »

Apparently some MSM opinionators are attempting to pin this shooting on right wing extremists. According to court records:
Anderson Lee Aldrich, the suspect who allegedly shot and killed five people and wounded at least 18 others over the weekend at an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado, identifies as non-binary and uses “they/them” pronouns, according to a court filing on Tuesday night.
Leaping to conclusions seems to be the MO on any news story of late.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Colorado Suspect Identifies as Non-Binary

Post by Soloist »

I know nothing about this case, but “nonbinary” people can be Republicans too, and or extremists.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:55 am Apparently some MSM opinionators are attempting to pin this shooting on right wing extremists. According to court records:
Anderson Lee Aldrich, the suspect who allegedly shot and killed five people and wounded at least 18 others over the weekend at an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado, identifies as non-binary and uses “they/them” pronouns, according to a court filing on Tuesday night.
Of course the defense will claim something like this. They are trying to get out of the increased hate crime penalties.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

MaxPC wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:55 am Apparently some MSM opinionators are attempting to pin this shooting on right wing extremists. According to court records:
What conclusions are you leaping to?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

mike wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:17 pm
Of course the defense will claim something like this. They are trying to get out of the increased hate crime penalties.
What is a little humorous is...AP went along with it and as I was reading the article my brain kept getting tripped up on the singular usage of "they/them."
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Leaping to severe allegations. It’s a terrible societal problem.
While the MSM seems beyond immediate improvement, HK has wisdom for MN members. :arrow:
temporal1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:57 am “Virginia police: Multiple people killed in Walmart shooting”
https://www.kcra.com/article/multiple-f ... t/42045599
.. The Virginia shooting comes three days after a person opened fire at a gay nightclub in Colorado, killing five people and wounding 17. That shooter, who is nonbinary, was arrested after patrons at the club tackled and beat them. ..
The murderer is nonbinary, thus, altho he is the sole murderer, reports describe him as “them.”

So as to respect his feelings.

Presumably, hysteria about (conservative hate) being the root cause of the murders will now auto-shift to “the gun did it.”
(i believe it has.)
HK:
Before we allow this event to reinforce our ideological/theological priors;
perhaps we should take a step back and allow all of the information to come to light.

“On this forum,” i honestly imagined the cases of Nick Sandmann and Jussie Smollett would have been sufficent.
Evidently, MSM is just too seductive to resist.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Are you referring to the fact that the initial reports all assumed the guy was a man? Only to find out he's neither man nor woman.
0 x
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm Presumably, hysteria about (conservative hate) being the root cause of the murders will now auto-shift to “the gun did it.”
(i believe it has.)

Oh, it certainly has. A New York Times article today has a Colorado Springs resident conclude....
Society-wide intolerance is no longer the problem, he said. It’s guns.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... q.amp.html
1 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

joshuabgood wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:30 pm
mike wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:17 pm

What is a little humorous is...AP went along with it and as I was reading the article my brain kept getting tripped up on the singular usage of "they/them."
Transgendered persons appear to have society by the nose ring. It is no wonder more and more people want that kind of power.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:59 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm Presumably, hysteria about (conservative hate) being the root cause of the murders will now auto-shift to “the gun did it.”
(i believe it has.)
Oh, it certainly has. A New York Times article today has a Colorado Springs resident conclude....
Society-wide intolerance is no longer the problem, he said. It’s guns.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... q.amp.html
Falco, it’s so routine, they don’t take-a-breath. An awful lot of people need to wake up and wholesale REJECT.
It’s off the rails.

The fact it’s not “wholesale rejected” on this forum, which i respect so much, is .. dismaying.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN