Trump: "Why don't they go back..."

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Trump: "Why don't they go back..."

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:
Szdfan wrote: I don’t see the satire.
Thanks.
I do. It seems very tongue in cheek to me. Yes, he erred that only one was born out of country.
I personally would not have said it and can see why many disapprove of it. I just do not see it as racist.

:arrow: He also attacks Paul Ryan and John McCain, even after he was dead.
Does that make him a racist too? I think not, just a very uncouth abrasive person.
Page 4:
.. He’s consistent, which is a statement he’s not at all racist about it.
He tests conventional logic. Not a bad thing.
He has had plenty to say about “Warren and Sanders,” too. :roll:

He is so consistent, if he did not speak out against “all flavors” opponents, THAT would be a sign of racism. Do folks want to be treated equally? Or, specially?? Take a wild guess.

Approval ratings for Congress have been very low for years. :evil:
There’s reason for that.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/01/politics ... index.html
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

temporal1 wrote:
jbg:
.. As for the four women in question though, I think America is a stronger better place because they are here and because they are in power.“ ..
see, this is problematic.
to say these 4 make America better simply because of their skin color, and, maybe their gender, no matter their behavior, foul/mean words, policies, etc., is decidedly racist. now, put that thinking beside “horror” that DJT sometimes uses “rough speak” and what do you have?

really. what do you have? :-|
in my view, nothing very good.

i realize there are now many careers dependent on keeping claims of rampant racism alive.
it’s a gold mine. imho, that still isn’t good reason to participate in it.

the bar needs raising. for everyone. the gutter isn’t a good place, no matter skin color or gender.
I mean they are made in the image of God. And their diversity of experiences and perspectives will benefit society. If we we are all the same we lose.
0 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Who gets to determine if something is racist? Do White people no best?
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Robert wrote:
Szdfan wrote:
I don’t see the satire.
Thanks.

I do. It seems very tongue in cheek to me. Yes, he erred that only one was born out of country.
Can you explain the joke to me? What's Trump satirizing? What's the humor and irony here?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
hillperson
Affiliation: A.M.

Post by hillperson »

Szdfan wrote:
Robert wrote:
Szdfan wrote:
I don’t see the satire.
Thanks.

Can you explain the joke to me? What's Trump satirizing? What's the humor and irony here?

The truth of the matter is Trump accomplished getting the subject off the ICE raids. Often when he tweets something that makes so many people upset he’s trying to get the focus on something else. He a media master.

I also think it’s important that law and order exists and there is nothing wrong with having a negative response to AOC’s border shenanigans.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

hillperson wrote:
Szdfan wrote:
Robert wrote:
Thanks.

The truth of the matter is Trump accomplished getting the subject off the ICE raids. Often when he tweets something that makes so many people upset he’s trying to get the focus on something else. He a media master.

I also think it’s important that law and order exists and there is nothing wrong with having a negative response to AOC’s border shenanigans.
I don't disagree that Trump has successfully changed the topic. That's not my question. Robert is defending (?) Trump's tweets as "satire." What about these tweets makes them satire?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
hillperson

Post by hillperson »

I agree with Robert - Trump is a funny guy and has great sense of humor. He’s a New Yorker and very abrasive. I think he’s having a good time while the media loses it and drones on and on about his faults.
0 x
hillperson

Post by hillperson »

I agree with you that its not very Christian but then I really question if any president can actually be a true godly Christian.

Jimmy Carter was a weak leader
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

I do not think that redirecting attention from ICE problems is the primary goal.

IMO the tweet is racist and energizes Trump's racist base, I respect that you may not see it that way.

But, I do not think it was racism that promoted the tweet. I think it is a distasteful use of race (ancestry) to prepare for the coming election by forcing the "moderate" Democrats to come to the defense of "The Squad". If he can keep all Democrats painted as the extreme he can possibly keep the country polarized and win with a committed base and hopefully many will hold their noses and vote against the Democrats. I don't know if it will work but it is an interesting strategy.

Any game theory experts on the forum that could create that grid?
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

I mean they are made in the image of God. And their diversity of experiences and perspectives will benefit society. If we we are all the same we lose.
Probably a topic for another thread, but the same is very true in our churches. Greater diversity of believers brings greater glory to God (Rev 7:9)
0 x