Female students assaulted by transgender students in bathroom

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
justme

Re: Female students assaulted by transgender students in bathroom

Post by justme »

if knowing who the poster was is important to you, read upthread wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 amThis is a major problem with where America and the West are heading; the idea that there is One Correct Opinion and Set of Facts, and the idea exile and harassment are somehow appropriate things to do to anyone who doesn’t agree with one’s own opinions.
i keep coming back to this. i left it go the first three times i read it, but i keep wanting to push back a bit.

so is this where the idea that there is one true way, only one way, and everyone else is wrong and is excommunicated?

we can start w One True Church, and excommunication for those who don't agree w the One True Church. but it is more than that. (that's why i don't think the actual poster is important for this question)
we could also move on further, and say there is only one way to heaven, and those who don't comply end up in hell.
we could say it's the Bible way, but where does it stop? isn't that what the Bible says? Only one way?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

justme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:50 pm
if knowing who the poster was is important to you, read upthread wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 amThis is a major problem with where America and the West are heading; the idea that there is One Correct Opinion and Set of Facts, and the idea exile and harassment are somehow appropriate things to do to anyone who doesn’t agree with one’s own opinions.
i keep coming back to this. i left it go the first three times i read it, but i keep wanting to push back a bit.

so is this where the idea that there is one true way, only one way, and everyone else is wrong and is excommunicated?

we can start w One True Church, and excommunication for those who don't agree w the One True Church. but it is more than that. (that's why i don't think the actual poster is important for this question)
we could also move on further, and say there is only one way to heaven, and those who don't comply end up in hell.
we could say it's the Bible way, but where does it stop? isn't that what the Bible says? Only one way?
There are an estimated 40,000 or more different denominations of Christianity world-wide.

How many of them do you reckon are doing it "the one true right way?"

And what percentage of the total world's population do you think that amounts to?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i keep coming back to this.
i left it go the first three times i read it, but i keep wanting to push back a bit.

somewhere, not terribly long ago, i think on MN, DanZ wrote a bit about absolute truth.
i’d like to review it in this context. (if i recall, he may have been responding to the current trend of relativism?) WJC epitomized it with his infamous words, “It depends on what ‘is’ is.”

we can be assured there is absolute truth, owned by God. (from memory, i believe Dan attested to this.)
humans have a penchant for not getting anything absolutely right; no government in history has gotten everything right, yet how people clamor for more+more! (old saying, “barking up the wrong tree.”) :shock:

human failure is so reliable, when chatter goes in the direction of absolutes, we can be pretty comfortable in stepping away. :?
absolutes, superlatives, ultimatums. ego. this forum reflects a-plenty!

humankind should employ caution. “pride goeth before a fall.” Proverbs 16:18
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
Voltaire
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 pm A transgender student sexually assaulted a female student in the school bathroom.

When the girl’s parents tried to seek justice, they were instead silenced by the police and school board, including arresting the father on trumped up “disorderly conduct” charges, with Biden’s DOJ using this father as a poster child for claiming “domestic terrorists” are interrupting school board meetings.

This is the modern face of liberal America: silencing sexual assault victims.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/loudoun ... ather-says

More concerningly, the left is trying to portray any parents who speak up at school board meetings as “domestic terrorists”. I would advise any parents who don’t want their children to be raped by violent transsexuals to immediately exit the failing public school system.
For balance, we might like to look at the liberal American point of view:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2059445

While I don't agree with all their opinions, it doesn't seem to be trying to silence a victim. They also say whether the rapist is a transexual is also not proven.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Are Fords or Chevys better? Is there one true set of facts about that?

Does chronic Lyme disease exist, or not? Do people who believe the “wrong” facts deserve to be exiled from society?

These are not spiritual matters, but rather opinions.
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 pm A transgender student sexually assaulted a female student in the school bathroom.

When the girl’s parents tried to seek justice, they were instead silenced by the police and school board, including arresting the father on trumped up “disorderly conduct” charges, with Biden’s DOJ using this father as a poster child for claiming “domestic terrorists” are interrupting school board meetings.

More concerningly, the left is trying to portray any parents who speak up at school board meetings as “domestic terrorists”. I would advise any parents who don’t want their children to be raped by violent transsexuals to immediately exit the failing public school system.

While I don't agree with all their opinions, it doesn't seem to be trying to silence a victim. They also say whether the rapist is a transexual is also not proven.
the DailyKos is violating their own rules by questioning the rapist's sexuality. I'm very surprised to see that. The date the policy was passed doesn't matter. What matters is that the father was arrested for disorderly conduct at a school board meeting, because the school board refused to act.

The entire article is a red herring.
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

nett wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 am
the DailyKos is violating their own rules by questioning the rapist's sexuality. I'm very surprised to see that.
I think they don't question someone's proclaimed sexual identity. Does the rapist claim to be a trans-woman, or is that only the accusation from others?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

the DailyKos is violating their own rules by questioning the rapist's sexuality. I'm very surprised to see that. The date the policy was passed doesn't matter. What matters is that the father was arrested for disorderly conduct at a school board meeting, because the school board refused to act.

I’m a little confused. First, what rule is Daily Kos violating? They didn’t publish any names or identities in their story. All they did was point out that the gender identity of the perpetrator is unknown. We don’t know that it was a transgender student or even one claiming to be transgender. Second, they point out that that the perpetrator wasn’t relying on any sort of bathroom policy to make their attack because no such policy was in place. Apparently this student made two attacks on girls, one in a bathroom and one in an empty classroom. Are we going to ban empty classrooms too? Third, what act did you expect out of the school board? School boards are not involved in day to day administration of schools or law enforcement. They generally meet about once a month and typically only address issues that have been noticed previously. If anyone did not act here it was the police and local school administrators, not the school board. School boards do not get involved with criminal investigations, that is what the police are for.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Ken wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:41 am

I’m a little confused. First, what rule is Daily Kos violating? They didn’t publish any names or identities in their story. All they did was point out that the gender identity of the perpetrator is unknown. We don’t know that it was a transgender student or even one claiming to be transgender. Second, they point out that that the perpetrator wasn’t relying on any sort of bathroom policy to make their attack because no such policy was in place. Apparently this student made two attacks on girls, one in a bathroom and one in an empty classroom. Are we going to ban empty classrooms too? Third, what act did you expect out of the school board? School boards are not involved in day to day administration of schools or law enforcement. They generally meet about once a month and typically only address issues that have been noticed previously. If anyone did not act here it was the police and local school administrators, not the school board. School boards do not get involved with criminal investigations, that is what the police are for.
I noticed that too in the Daily Kos article…the assault happened before the school put a gender neutral bathroom policy in place. A trans-inclusive policy didn’t enable the attack, because the policy didn’t exist. To me it seems that there is some opportunistic assumptions going on here
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

So the school:

#1. Tolerated a known cross dresser/pervert

#2. Allows a female student to get assaulted in the women’s bathroom by this pervert

#3. Has the student’s dad arrested when he comes to the school board meaning to complain about this

#4. Defends their “men are allowed in the women’s bathroom” policy, despite the fact they know a sexual assault recently happened like that.
0 x