Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
Signtist
Affiliation: Midwest

Re: Today ...

Post by Signtist »

I said this about my wife back before Christmas.
Signtist wrote:She's also getting a new kitchen, floor, window, ceiling fan, etc put in right now. Too many projects, so little time.
Well, it's done. A bit of trim to go yet. She won the kitchen from a local company in a Facebook contest. Several of you voted for us, no doubt, we are very grateful. Here is what I did as a "Thank You" to Chervin Kitchen & Bath, we just delivered it to them Monday night. It's 24" square glass with mirrored accents, glue chipped, gilded with 18 and 23k gold, and variegated gold. It has mother of pearl accents as well So much fun to do!.

For those of you who saw it on Facebook, I apologize for chewing my cabbage twice!
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Signtist wrote:I said this about my wife back before Christmas.
Signtist wrote:She's also getting a new kitchen, floor, window, ceiling fan, etc put in right now. Too many projects, so little time.
Well, it's done. A bit of trim to go yet. She won the kitchen from a local company in a Facebook contest. Several of you voted for us, no doubt, we are very grateful. Here is what I did as a "Thank You" to Chervin Kitchen & Bath, we just delivered it to them Monday night. It's 24" square glass with mirrored accents, glue chipped, gilded with 18 and 23k gold, and variegated gold. It has mother of pearl accents as well So much fun to do!.

For those of you who saw it on Facebook, I apologize for chewing my cabbage twice!
Outstanding :up:

The shortest path to a woman's heart is a new kitchen - according to my wife :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Got invited to a Sabbath celebration. Twelve Tribes farm is about five to ten minutes from us.
They are always pleasant to talk too and it is nice seeing others who are different too, when in public.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Wade, I don't know your level of connection or relationship with any of them, so I mean this kindly, but having interacted with a few of them personally, are you at all familiar with their group, their history, or their teachings?
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Heirbyadoption wrote:Wade, I don't know your level of connection or relationship with any of them, so I mean this kindly, but having interacted with a few of them personally, are you at all familiar with their group, their history, or their teachings?
I looked into it a bit before and have never been interested since. They are just nice to us but so are lots of people. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Two of my daughters are on their way to Mexico today, to help at a ministry called Outreach for Jesus. One of them had an interesting experience, going through security. She took off her shoes and put them on a tray to run through the scanner. When it came out the other end, one of her shoes was missing, and no one could find it. They ended up shutting down security and everyone trying to find her shoe. Even some other passengers were helping. Apparently it somehow fell out of the tray it was in and managed to get caught between two rollers and drop into the machine somewhere.

Pretty funny. I hope they got a picture.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

lesterb wrote:Two of my daughters are on their way to Mexico today, to help at a ministry called Outreach for Jesus. One of them had an interesting experience, going through security. She took off her shoes and put them on a tray to run through the scanner. When it came out the other end, one of her shoes was missing, and no one could find it. They ended up shutting down security and everyone trying to find her shoe. Even some other passengers were helping. Apparently it somehow fell out of the tray it was in and managed to get caught between two rollers and drop into the machine somewhere.

Brings a whole new meaning to Shoe Fly Pie. :lol:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

lesterb wrote:Two of my daughters are on their way to Mexico today, to help at a ministry called Outreach for Jesus. One of them had an interesting experience, going through security. She took off her shoes and put them on a tray to run through the scanner. When it came out the other end, one of her shoes was missing, and no one could find it. They ended up shutting down security and everyone trying to find her shoe. Even some other passengers were helping. Apparently it somehow fell out of the tray it was in and managed to get caught between two rollers and drop into the machine somewhere.

We'll add prayers for you daughters' ministry, Lester. God bless them for doing the Lord's work. I'm glad they found the shoe too. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Faux Spring is here!!
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:Faux Spring is here!!
it is, and, i sure have been praying for appleman's orchard, and all who depend on crops that are vulnerable to early blooms / late frosts!
i might lose some plants, too, but no one is depending on their livelihood for what i have.
migrating birds and animals can be confused, too.
God be merciful ..

my daughter+family are visiting so-california right now - they are COLD, it's been RAINING!
i told her, it's 70F and sunny here. :shock:
it's not even late February.

i shoveled 6" snow last week.
we could still have lots of winter weather. our planting zone is - mid-May!
those who are tempted to plant early, usually regret it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN