Quizzes

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Quizzes

Post by ohio jones »

This is a thread to share and discuss online quizzes.

Let's start with these:
How Conservative Are You?

What Is Your Mennonite Marriageability Rating?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Quizzes

Post by JimFoxvog »

A few online quizzes are serious, it seems. Many seem designed to flatter the quiz taker; then we want to share them. Some are just for humor and some are for education or spreading a viewpoint. I'm amused by many; I took a graduate level course in Personnel Tests and Measurement ages ago. Very few would be considered valid.

The Bonnet quiz was humor. I came out Liberal. That's accurate in some ways.

The marriageability "quiz" pointed out some interesting, if unverified sociological factors. I scored -7. I've been happily married for 34 years but it didn't ask if someone was currently married.
0 x
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

JimFoxvog wrote:The Bonnet quiz was humor. I came out Liberal. That's accurate in some ways.
I had to finagle a bit to get Liberal rather than Secular. :shock:
The marriageability "quiz" pointed out some interesting, if unverified sociological factors. I scored -7. I've been happily married for 34 years but it didn't ask if someone was currently married.
My score was 28. I wonder if that means I'll marry before the originator of the quiz. 8-)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

You make me feel a bit better. OJ. I took came out as secular on my first time through. :shock:

As to the second. Let us just say my score was almost embarrassingly high. Where was this survey when I needed it in my early 20's?. :D
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

well, there's a face i haven't seen in a while.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I managed to get a 100 on the marriageability... that proves it dreadfully inaccurate :rofl:
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Admiral Acbon »

As far as the somewhat tongue-in-cheek marriageability quiz (authored by one we knew as Stoltz13 on the MD board) goes, a higher rating means one makes a better conservative Mennonite and therefore better marriage material. At the end we find this:
However, I’m guessing that you will be more successful trying to find a person at your eligibility rating level.
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

With all the discussion recently about refugees and immigration, here's a quiz that purports to answer the question "Where should I live?"

It says I should live in France. Other than the TGVs, though, I'm not particularly impressed with France. The branch of my family tree that pulled up roots 200 years ago and moved here made the right choice, I think.
0 x

Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

My marriageability was a cool zero - been with my girl for over fifty years - don't really care about marriageability at this point.
1 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

On the "how Conservative are you" I scored 335 - I like to think I am a moderate. And why would I want to live in France? Is Canada not an option in the quiz. Nothing beats Canada!
1 x