Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Today ...

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Pretty pictures, but I guarantee that they were all the more captivating in person. I thought of this today as I saw the golden sunset shining on the tops of our pine trees- first in a reflection from a glass table top, then I turned my head upward to the real thing. The latter put the former to shame.
Made me think of this verse-
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Same place, this morning, zoomed in a bit...

I cropped it, but didn't make any other changes. To often we don't take the time to enjoy the beauty around us. It's interesting to watch the changing season, and weather patterns, reflected in the sky.

0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

lesterb wrote:Same place, this morning, zoomed in a bit...

I cropped it, but didn't make any other changes. To often we don't take the time to enjoy the beauty around us. It's interesting to watch the changing season, and weather patterns, reflected in the sky.

I agree. I like seeing the frost on tree limbs.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Robert wrote:The start of my igloo.

The snow is not packing well, so I am using the snow blower and making circles around it to pile up the snow and letting it pack down a bit. I suspect I will have it finished right when spring hits and it melts.
How did your igloo turn out, Robert?

I thought of you when I saw this story. My thought: how are they going to get their cars out of the garage??
Jan 27, 2017, 9:37 AM
Mike Zempel and his three sons turned a Minnesota snowfall into a dinosaur sculpture of eye-popping proportions
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Daughter came by and we got into about 5 hours of discussions. Brain too tired to think of guideline.s Will look at it tomorrow.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Robert wrote:Daughter came by and we got into about 5 hours of discussions. Brain too tired to think of guideline.s Will look at it tomorrow.
you chose wisely. the other can wait.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Try this for a week...
  • Do more than exist: live
  • Do more than touch: feel
  • Do more than look: observe
  • Do more than read: absorb
  • Do more than hear: listen
  • Do more than listen: understand
  • Do more than think: reflect
  • Do more than talk: say something
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Got to watch a pair of swans swimming in the river past the property with my wife. :D

Received a surprise in the mail: Beside the Still Waters devotional. I think someone must of signed us up for a free one? I really like how this looks! :D Has a daily devotional and a daily bible reading schedule with each day.

Watched with my eldest son a goose climb up on an iceberg floating down the river and ride it along... 8-) :lol:

Now just about time to go and eat the one I cooked today. :P
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Wade wrote:Got to watch a pair of swans swimming in the river past the property with my wife. :D

Received a surprise in the mail: Beside the Still Waters devotional. I think someone must of signed us up for a free one? I really like how this looks! :D Has a daily devotional and a daily bible reading schedule with each day.

Watched with my eldest son a goose climb up on an iceberg floating down the river and ride it along... 8-) :lol:

Now just about time to go and eat the one I cooked today. :P
I don't always read Beside the Still Waters like my wife does, but they are quite good.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Actually got to be in a township here in Cape Town; what used to be called shantytown. A former inmate came to the gate asking for help, saying that his "house" had burned, and he took my brother and me to see it. The spot was deep, deep into the township, and I didn't think the car could make it into the various passageways, but it did. The young man, Cecil, warned us not to get out of our car, because it wasn't safe (for whites), which we knew already. Anyway, he and his girlfriend came back to the house for clothes, Christian literature, a little money, and household items (they had already eaten lunch with us), and the government will provide more corrugated sheets for rebuilding.

Later, some of us were walking beside the vlei/body of salt water, handing out tracts. One teen took it and walked ahead of us, reading it as he went. After a while, he turned around to thank my brother. Upon being questioned as to his spiritual state, he volunteered that his "life doesn't reflect salvation", and he mentioned several sins. When told that if he didn't repent, the Bible says hell awaits, he asked for prayer and then addressed the Lord himself, wanting forgiveness. Encouraging response to a tract.
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.