Immigration - is Trump different from Obama?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Immigration - is Trump different from Obama?

Post by Valerie »

Isn't part of this because ISIS claimed that they would infiltrate through the refugees?
Has anyone learned about their 12th IMAM, their supposed 'time' to convert the world to ISLAM and the ushering in of their own (false) prophet? Whether mainline Muslims are peaceful or not, we see what's happening around the world.
I watched an interview by a 'liberal' talk show host (I cannot seem to transfer it here) who said "Liberals are in denial about radical Islam). I think that many people are. Many people don't realize their own belief in their prophetic time to force the world to convert or kill-
I have heard and read many many testimonies from former Muslims who teach that it is NOT a religion of peace- at least not to Jews or Gentiles. I think they know more than we-
Yes love is needed and prayer is needed, we do pray- in our area, we really don't have Muslims around Medina County OH, there are not opportunities to 'do' for them.
However, I tend to believe former Muslims, about the widespread and growing agenda of ISIS and Radical Islam- I don't think they would lie about it, since they have become Christians, and even one I know is so glad Trump is doing what he is doing, even if his own country is part of the ban.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie wrote:Isn't part of this because ISIS claimed that they would infiltrate through the refugees?
Through the refugees? Nobody else gets the rigorous screening that refugees do, it would be so much easier for a terrorist to come in on a tourist visa or a business visa, and so much easier to come from a country like Saudi Arabia - or even better, Britain. "Extreme vetting" is what refugees already get, the process typically takes 18 months to 2 years.

Here's the process for refugees:

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie wrote:However, I tend to believe former Muslims, about the widespread and growing agenda of ISIS and Radical Islam- I don't think they would lie about it, since they have become Christians, and even one I know is so glad Trump is doing what he is doing, even if his own country is part of the ban.
I even believe current Muslims about these things. Like the refugee families we are helping, Muslim families who are fleeing the violence caused by both Muslim Jihadists and the Assad regime.
Valerie wrote:I watched an interview by a 'liberal' talk show host (I cannot seem to transfer it here) who said "Liberals are in denial about radical Islam). I think that many people are.
Yes, I agree that at least many people - including many liberals - are in denial about radical Islam. Others are in denial that the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists, and that refugees are fleeing terrorism. Or in denial that we, as Christians, sometimes look like we want to wipe the Muslims out, don't respect their national borders or their right to rule themselves, prop up aging dictators in their countries, torture and abuse Muslim prisoners in Guantanamo, etc. What goes around comes around.

Incidentally, I've reluctantly come to accept the fact that Christians on the celebrity media circuit do exaggerate and lie sometimes, so I think we need to double check what we hear. Some stories of fake martyrs and fake healings have been exposed. It's always good to check facts against multiple reliable sources.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Valerie wrote:Isn't part of this because ISIS claimed that they would infiltrate through the refugees?
ISIS, of course, is trying to stir up American hate against Muslims. The more hatred against Muslims we have, the more recruits they get. I don't trust them to be telling the truth.
0 x