Today ...

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: Today ...

Post by lesterb »

gcdonner wrote:
lesterb wrote:
gcdonner wrote: Did I miss the rapture?
Could almost look like it. But it was a sunset, not a sunrise. Christ will come from the east, won't he? 8-)
Will he? What does scripture say?
[bible]matthew 24,27[/bible]
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:Image

Maybe you like this one better?
It looks very grey like our weather down here the last few days. We had a fog bank all day today and half the days over the previous 3 days. We are under a snow watch for the next couple of days...
No sunrises or sunsets...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

lesterb wrote:
gcdonner wrote: Will he? What does scripture say?
He is the bright morning Star.

[bible]rev 22,16[/bible]
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Robert wrote:
lesterb wrote:
gcdonner wrote: Will he? What does scripture say?

[bible]rev 22,16[/bible]
Both of these statements are highly suggestive, but not intended to be taken literally, do you think? Will/has Jesus come literally as a bolt of lightning or is the symbolic language speaking of being highly visible (but only for a moment?) event? A lightning bolt shines brightly and then is gone, "in the twinkling of an eye". How do you understand it?

Is Jesus really a star in the heavens, which is only faintly seen in the early morning light or, is it that his coming heralded a new day, ie the end of the night of the OC and the beginning of the day of the NC.
Rom_13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
1Th_5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th_5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
2Th_2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
What say ye?
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Outstanding photos, Lester :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

MaxPC wrote:

Thanks. I used to take wedding photos when I was younger. I still have decent DSLR but I do most of my photos with my iPhone 6+ now. Smartphones have such good cameras now that unless you're a professional it's hardly worth buying a DSLR anymore. My wife has a Samsung galaxy S7 and it's even better than my 6+.
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

gcdonner wrote:
Robert wrote:
lesterb wrote: [bible]matthew 24,27[/bible]

[bible]rev 22,16[/bible]
Both of these statements are highly suggestive, but not intended to be taken literally, do you think? Will/has Jesus come literally as a bolt of lightning or is the symbolic language speaking of being highly visible (but only for a moment?) event? A lightning bolt shines brightly and then is gone, "in the twinkling of an eye". How do you understand it?

Is Jesus really a star in the heavens, which is only faintly seen in the early morning light or, is it that his coming heralded a new day, ie the end of the night of the OC and the beginning of the day of the NC.
Rom_13:12  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
1Th_5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th_5:8  But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
2Th_2:2  That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
What say ye?
It might easily be that these verses are intended to leave an impression rather then be taken literally. The important thing is to be ready no matter how Jesus returns. But scenes like that should remind us of Him.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

gcdonner wrote:Both of these statements are highly suggestive
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=261#p6566
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:... Smartphones have such good cameras now that unless you're a professional it's hardly worth buying a DSLR anymore. My wife has a Samsung galaxy S7 and it's even better than my 6+.
I only have a dumb phone. I guess that is why my comments are not too highly regarded here...
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

lesterb wrote:
MaxPC wrote:

Thanks. I used to take wedding photos when I was younger. I still have decent DSLR but I do most of my photos with my iPhone 6+ now. Smartphones have such good cameras now that unless you're a professional it's hardly worth buying a DSLR anymore. My wife has a Samsung galaxy S7 and it's even better than my 6+.
You do have a good eye for it. The photo of those red rocks near your home was worthy of the old-style National Geographic cover. I don't think the new covers are as nice.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God