Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Still helping with the wood chores and my wife is busy in her sewing, a favorite activity for her.

There aren't as many campers in the campground, just the old die-hards like ourselves. In several weeks that will change with families coming during spring breaks.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:Lesbian gun owners and gun club members.
I once lived in an apartment next to two lesbians who invited me into their home. There on the coffee table in front of the couch were two revolvers. When I asked if they were loaded, they assured me they were, and that they kept them to protect themselves. I couldn't help but think that putting loaded guns on a table in front of a stranger like me wasn't a terribly good idea.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We joked about putting pontoons on the motorhome today with all of the rain :lol: The campground isn't flooded though because the sites are properly elevated and there is good drainage to the creek down the hill.

Was that an ark floating down the main highway?
:lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Another downpour and there's lightning with it this time. Our weather alert sounded for a tornado watch so we've made some coffee and decided it's better to be awake in the event the watch becomes a warning and we have to head to the concrete wash house.

We can always nap later.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Thank you all for the prayers. We are safe.

Many people have died in tornadoes in MS and GA as well as AL. Please pray for those folks.

Heading out to church.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The ground is saturated despite the excellent drainage in the campground. There were a few trees down out on the main road. Their roots had become loosened from the saturation and last night's winds toppled them. The chain saws provided background music to our breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The sun's shining, it's windy so we'll be careful around the trees. It'll be good to get outside again. Prayers for all the missionaries in the Middle East, including the Plain Compassion group. May they remain safe and serve Jesus.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

It's getting colder again. The temp swings are mirroring the earth's wobble on its axis. If we were on a boat motion sickness would be possible :lol:

One of the campers here is an interesting person. He and his wife stay long term and then go farther north in the Spring. He's one of those personalities that makes up inflammatory statements and makes verbal pot shots to get people to argue with him. It's a sad need for attention and possibly a result of all the time he spends arguing on computer forums all day. He needs prayer and doesn't need enabling.

His poor wife gets ignored and comes to talk with my wife about it. We pray for her too. She must have a mountain of patience and certainly faith to remain in the relationship. Some situations are "saint-makers" and I think this is one of them.

Back to work. We're working on the tractor today.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We had venison chili and biscuits for lunch. I'm full :shock:

Saw a trailer pull into the campground today that reminds me of origami. It has solid sides hinged to a main body and it unfolds. The owner tells me that because it's lower than the car it doesn't produce wind drag which in turn, reduces the stress on the car and its engine. Their mpg is about the same. The hard sides make it easier to camp in winter because they hold in heat more efficiently. It also has an AC.

Here's the trailer called an Aliner. Kudos to the creative engineering of that company :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Spring-like weather has us working outside quite a bit. The plowing is still in process.

The man who argues politics all the time has been quieter since Tuesday. His wife told my wife that one camper became very angry and told her husband to shut up or he would punch him in his mouth.

So much for camping and relaxing :lol:

Time for lunch.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)