Campground Ramblings

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Campground Ramblings

Post by MaxPC »

Rules.

The snow is already melting but it's going to be cold the next few days, with lows in the low teens.

I'll have to air up the tires with the cold temps making them contract. I keep them under pressure in warm weather on the road because of expansion. Winter is different :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

MaxPC wrote:Rules.

The snow is already melting but it's going to be cold the next few days, with lows in the low teens.

I'll have to air up the tires with the cold temps making them contract. I keep them under pressure in warm weather on the road because of expansion. Winter is different :D
I discovered that this week. Temps between -20 and -30 and all my tires went slack.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

lesterb wrote:

I discovered that this week. Temps between -20 and -30 and all my tires went slack.
Just imagine if those temps were in F and not C...
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

The tires aired up okay; it looks like one of them will need to be "retired" :lol: . When we get some warmer temps, I'll take the mh down to the tire place and get a new one.

Had pancakes and scrambled eggs for early lunch. Authentic maple syrup too :dance:

-20 to -30, Lester? Sounds like a deep freeze :shock: :o
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

gcdonner wrote:
lesterb wrote:

Just an interesting side note. Minus 30 F and C is not as much different as you might expect. I believe at about minus 40 they are almost exactly the same.
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

appleman2006 wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
lesterb wrote: I discovered that this week. Temps between -20 and -30 and all my tires went slack.
Just an interesting side note. Minus 30 F and C is not as much different as you might expect. I believe at about minus 40 they are almost exactly the same.
-20°F = -28°C as they get colder they do get closer together.
-40° is the same whether F or C.
I stand qualified, ap-man
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Below 10F/12C it's time to stay inside with hot soup :lol:

It's doctor appointments today.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Doctor's done: just a check-up, nothing serious, thanks be to God.

Heard an interesting saying in the waiting room this morning. Was chatting with a gentleman and he was sharing about a relative he disliked. In describing the behavior of his relative he said: "His hypocrisy hangs on him like skunk spray."

Waiting rooms can be educational too :lol:

Next stop: tire store for a new tire on the mh.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

We have 6" of powder-like snow on the ground this morning. The temps have finally reached 30 F so we're going for a walk. My wife loves the snow :dance:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

MaxPC wrote:We have 6" of powder-like snow on the ground this morning. The temps have finally reached 30 F so we're going for a walk. My wife loves the snow :dance:
We are having a heat wave, our temps were 2° above zero this morning. Ice skates are needed for our driveway...
0 x