The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?

Post by ken_sylvania »

Robert wrote:We welcome you to MennoNet(MN). It was created after a fatal crash of MennoDiscuss.com(MD).
I seem to remember that just a couple of days before MD crashed lesterb was threatening to list a certain user as both friend and foe. He seemed to think he might be able to crash the site that way.
Now I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist by any means, but something seems fishy here... ;) ;)

Also, lest I forget, thank you Robert for setting up the redirect from the original MD url. Some of us backwards folk that don't use Facebook didn't know the site was back up and running.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?

Post by lesterb »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Robert wrote:We welcome you to MennoNet(MN). It was created after a fatal crash of MennoDiscuss.com(MD).
I seem to remember that just a couple of days before MD crashed lesterb was threatening to list a certain user as both friend and foe. He seemed to think he might be able to crash the site that way.
Now I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist by any means, but something seems fishy here... ;) ;)

Also, lest I forget, thank you Robert for setting up the redirect from the original MD url. Some of us backwards folk that don't use Facebook didn't know the site was back up and running.
:? 8-)

Well, I think it was more like a half a year ago. :yawn:

So you're timing's a bit off, anyway. But the rest is my secret. :-|

0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Well I'm sure you're more accurate than I on the time-frame. I was probably digging around in those archives again :lol: :lol: Too bad all the old threads got lost!
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

ken_sylvania wrote: Also, lest I forget, thank you Robert for setting up the redirect from the original MD url. Some of us backwards folk that don't use Facebook didn't know the site was back up and running.
It was actually Hans that got the redirect going. Glad you are along with us. Anyone who can hold Lester to task is a friend of mine! :clap: :lol:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

I don't think lester is to blame, I'm pretty sure I was the last one to post on MD. I posted to that
1 Corinthians 7:14 thread, (may it rest in peace) and I don't think anyone else was online at the time. I came back to MD less than 5 minutes later and it was right dead!!! :oops:
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

silentreader wrote:I don't think lester is to blame, I'm pretty sure I was the last one to post on MD. I posted to that
1 Corinthians 7:14 thread, (may it rest in peace) and I don't think anyone else was online at the time. I came back to MD less than 5 minutes later and it was right dead!!! :oops:
So you are silent and deadly? ;)
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

Robert wrote:
silentreader wrote:I don't think lester is to blame, I'm pretty sure I was the last one to post on MD. I posted to that
Hopefully more the one than the other.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

silentreader wrote:
Robert wrote:
Hopefully more the one than the other.
Drove past your church tonight. I think anyway if you go where I think you do. Spent the afternoon and evening at my wife's parents.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Are you touring the nation with CLE again this year?
0 x
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

lesterb wrote: Drove past your church tonight. I think anyway if you go where I think you do. Spent the afternoon and evening at my wife's parents.
You probably did then. There was a viewing (wake) at the church this afternoon and evening. So at some point today we would have almost met.
0 x