briar patch

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: arguments.

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote:I do not see how anything Bootstrap said is "inciting violence". Here is what he said:
Bootstrap wrote:Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?

Wisdom moves slowly, and not in anger. Wisdom is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
Bootstrap said if someone feels like punching someone in the face, NOT to post to this forum, and to think about being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.

That seems like the opposite of inciting violence to me.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:Josh, to be clear so that you do not twist my words: I'm calling for you to cease your unkind insults, sniping at others and to behave more like a kind, charitable Christian. If you can't do this on your own then you need to seek help for learning in how to be kind to others.
MaxPC wrote:Find a good spiritual mentor who can explain to you when you're on a sniping jag and find better ways to speak in a kind manner. Until you learn to speak to others with more kindness and grace I will block your posts. Moderators notified.
At this point, I feel like if I challenge MaxPC in any way, I get a response that I am:

1. Not a kind, charitable Christian

2. That I need to seek help on how to be kind to others.

3. That I do not have a good spiritual mentor and that I need to find one

4. Threats of "Moderators notified" when I do challenge what MaxPC says

5. Telling me I am blocked multiple times, yet somehow able to continue to read and respond to my posts

I don't think it's a good thing to attack each other's spiritual authorities and spiritual mentors in each others' lives, or to assume that they don't exist.

This is not the first time I have had MaxPC tell me I am emotionally unstable, that I need some kind of counselling, or that I am overall a spiritually sick, spiritually unhealthy, unsubmissive person. I don't think any of us should be talking to each other this way on MN. I think that if we do feel that way about another person on MN, it would be appropriate to start in a private message first.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote:
MaxPC wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?
Are you trying to encourage an altercation BS? Your statement not only interferes with others discussions but it incites violence.
I do not see how anything Bootstrap said is "inciting violence". Here is what he said:
Request: Before posting in this thread, could everyone ask themselves if they are feeling like they would like to punch someone else in the face, and not hit submit if the answer is "yes"?

Wisdom moves slowly, and not in anger. Wisdom is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
Bootstrap said if someone feels like punching someone in the face, NOT to post to this forum, and to think about being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.

That seems like the opposite of inciting violence to me.
You would do well to follow that interpretation if that's what he meant. BS added that last paragraph after I pointed out how his post seems to incite violence. BS needs to answer for himself, not you answer for him; just as you need to answer for yourself in the face of your insults of others. No one but you can change that behavior.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:You would do well to follow that interpretation if that's what he meant. BS added that last paragraph after I pointed out how his post seems to incite violence. BS needs to answer for himself, not you answer for him; just as you need to answer for yourself in the face of your insults of others. No one but you can change that behavior.
Max, I can't see any way to interpret the first part of my post as a way to incite violence. Here it is again:
I'm guessing you were just too worked up to read carefully. And that's a pretty good sign that this is not the time for us to listen to each other in a way that allows each of us to examine ourselves.

As it happens, I had not seen your response when I added the second paragraph, but I'm a little surprised that the first paragraph wasn't clear enough without it. I added the second paragraph for emphasis, then saw your post.

Max, I think you and Josh were both reacting to each other, and would do well to cool off before continuing here. I think there's enough sin in this thread already, we don't have to continue that.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

All of YOU stop and grow up.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: briar patch

Post by temporal1 »

the briar patch: a good place for this entire thread -
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=301

i must stop wasting my time. :(
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Post by Sunbeam »

Here I come strolling in with a comment, where an angel with any sort of sixth sense would no doubt fear to tread:

I have not read the threads to the back story here, but I have one observation.
Everyone involved is telling other persons involved how they should behave. The only person whose behavior and attitude you can control is your own. When your heart and actions are at peace with God and truth, another person's will very seldom undermine your mental and emotional tranquility, nor will you feel the inclination to attempt to legislate theirs.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Sunbeam wrote:Here I come strolling in with a comment, where an angel with any sort of sixth sense would no doubt fear to tread:

Everyone involved is telling other persons involved how they should behave. The only person whose behavior and attitude you can control is your own. When your heart and actions are at peace with God and truth, another person's will very seldom undermine your mental and emotional tranquility, nor will you feel the inclination to attempt to legislate theirs.
There was a much needed ray of sunshine!
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

silentreader wrote:
Sunbeam wrote:Here I come strolling in with a comment, where an angel with any sort of sixth sense would no doubt fear to tread:

A real sunbeam, I'd say
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

KingdomBuilder wrote:
silentreader wrote:

A real sunbeam, I'd say
Well, I'm not sure if she was beaming....
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown