Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Biden proclaims this Easter as Trans Day of Visibility

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:42 pm

Actually, Trump is brazen. In biblical proportions. Against both law and the Bible. I've never seen this same level of shamelessness in a modern president. He glories in his shamelessness, mocking people who care about morality or law, threatening people in ways I have only seen in authoritarian leaders I consider dangerous.

That's the radical part of radical right.

If you think being anti-Trump is the same as anti-Christian, you might want to think about that. I'd like to put Jesus back on the throne. Trumpism is a completely different religion.

Try using Christian language and biblical criteria to discuss these things instead of political fighting word and name calling. It forces you to think differently.
This is not a thread about why we should dislike Trump and all his faults and I would appreciate it, if didn't turn it into that.
Last edited by Grace on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I’d vote for this thread to be moved to the political forum.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:52 pm What exactly does Trump have to do with this? Have you ever stopped to think about why you have such a compulsion to mention him whenever Grace or Temp criticizes Biden?
I am also criticizing Biden in this thread.

But to me, there's a pretty big difference between criticizing Biden and calling him "demonic" or "evil". The whole "us versus them" questioning of sanity and morality and all that is a bit much. It's quite literally demonizing.

On MN, that usually involves politics, not discussion of religious people or topics.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap post_id=227912 time=1711830866 user_id=67]

I didn't say that "anti-trans" is a winning political issue. My guess is silence on this issue is probably a better approach if he wants to win.

Biden's appeal to the voters was to bring things back to normal. This doesn't look normal to a lot of people.

And I don't think what I said before was anti-trans. More like "live and let live", but with room for parents and families to have their own beliefs and values.
Surprisingly, I agree.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Soloist wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:56 pm I’d vote for this thread to be moved to the political forum.
Absolutely.
1 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pm
ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:52 pm What exactly does Trump have to do with this? Have you ever stopped to think about why you have such a compulsion to mention him whenever Grace or Temp criticizes Biden?

But to me, there's a pretty big difference between criticizing Biden and calling him "demonic" or "evil". The whole "us versus them" questioning of sanity and morality and all that is a bit much. It's quite literally demonizing.
I apologize for my strong words in calling Biden "demonic" or "evil". I should have used those words in reference to what he promotes and not to him directly. However, I cannot deem mutilating, gender confused children and destroying the lives of the unborn as "not" evil.
2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

"demonic" or "evil"
there are words, actions, POLICIES, that are evil. Grace noted some in her OP.
carnal sin has an official flag.

All the moreso when organized blocs form to bully the majority, abuse force of the sword, pirate public funds to foist their minority will on the unorganized majority. This wasn’t a dream of U.S. founders. Or Jesus.

as well, i suspect there is a personal level that involves male hormones:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:34 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:32 pm Be that as it may, I don't think being anti-trans is the winning political issue that you think it is in 2024.
I didn't say that "anti-trans" is a winning political issue. My guess is silence on this issue is probably a better approach if he wants to win.

Biden's appeal to the voters was to bring things back to normal. This doesn't look normal to a lot of people.

And I don't think what I said before was anti-trans. More like "live and let live", but with room for parents and families to have their own beliefs and values.
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:20 pm As I read the polls, mainstream is in a different place with respect to trans, especially with children and public schools. Mainstream doesn't want the government to tell people what to do if they think they are trans, they want people to have freedom to choose, but they don't want the government to tell them what to believe about trans either.

The idea that your body does not know if it is male or female, and you have to ask your friends on social media to help you figure that out when you reach adolescence, is a little alarming to many ...
Personally I think Biden's political strength is the fact that most people see him as very mainstream and if anything a bit stodgy. Despite the hysteria and hyperbole one sees on the right wing media that gets reflected here by certain posters, most Americans see him as very normal in contrast to the alternative. So most of this stuff doesn't stick to him. And most Americans also don't pretend to be outraged by ordinary and mundane political proclamations of which there are hundreds per year. There were 11 yesterday alone: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... l-actions/
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

deleted
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pm
As far as I can tell, the only critical thing you said about Biden in this thread is that this pronouncement is a political mistake. You don't even suggest that there is anything else wrong with it - only that you think it will hurt him politically.
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:58 pm But to me, there's a pretty big difference between criticizing Biden and calling him "demonic" or "evil". The whole "us versus them" questioning of sanity and morality and all that is a bit much. It's quite literally demonizing.

On MN, that usually involves politics, not discussion of religious people or topics.
OK, but I don't how this answers the question of why you brought up Trump in relation to this. Like, nobody said anything about him in this thread before you decided to make sure we all knew he was a fraud and a criminal.

Are you saying that because you criticized Biden you felt you needed to also criticize Trump in order to be fair?
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:42 pm
How is this referenced post not a "'us versus them' questioning of sanity and morality" of the type that you are calling "demonizing"?
2 x