Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Post by Josh »

The Soviet Union expended 50% of its gdp on arms for much of its history. GDP isn’t everything, nor is having a lavish consumer economy.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:16 am The Soviet Union expended 50% of its gdp on arms for much of its history. GDP isn’t everything, nor is having a lavish consumer economy.
Soviet military spending was really closer to 10-15% of GDP. About where Russia is now. But the fact that the USSR spent so much of its GDP on the military and the fact that as a result it had a disastrous consumer economy are two of the reasons most attributed to its downfall.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 pm So at this point, what is everybody's best guesses as to how the conflict will end? I can't really wrap my mind around the mess.
No one knows. The U.S. has become sysnonymous with protracted “military conflicts” that end in shambles.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

April 2024

Ukraine Packed A Cessna-Style Plane With Explosives, Added Remote Controls And Kamikaze’d It Into A Russian Drone Factory 600 Miles Away / Ukrainian strikes on Russian industry just escalated
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... iles-away/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 pm April 2024

Ukraine Packed A Cessna-Style Plane With Explosives, Added Remote Controls And Kamikaze’d It Into A Russian Drone Factory 600 Miles Away / Ukrainian strikes on Russian industry just escalated
Assuming it actually happened and isn’t just wartime propaganda.

Cessna’s are a fairly expensive suicide tool and while I’m sure they have enough to use for several attempts, they are not cheap.

A 1967 152 is still 30k at the low end with a modern brand new 172 for 400k.

The 172 has a range of 600 miles so I’m guessing they used a bigger model or modified it. I’m guessing it would take them at least a day per to modify it for remote control and the communication gear could be jammed or taken over unless hardened or FaF. Basically they are making a cheaper and easier to intercept missile.

Now compare that to an Amazon drone. Easier to mass produce and throw in bulk. Primary issue is range.
Effectively, this is Ukraine attempting to be resourceful as the US is refusing to allow them use of “our” weapons on Russian soil strikes.

Two possibilities from Russia’s side. Either they did detect it and assumed friendly or they didn’t detect it which would be a very poor suggestion for their radar systems.
My guess is it was assumed friendly and after this attack, they won’t make that mistake again. This would never happen for US bases as we would have intercepted it and shot it down.

This is a poor attempt at a home built missile and they can build missiles in Ukraine. Likely their issue with long range missiles is support structures and fuel. They could likely get away with what NK used to do and fuel before launch with the more acidic fuels but they would still have to have the infrastructure to produce the fuel.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:51 pm
mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 pm So at this point, what is everybody's best guesses as to how the conflict will end? I can't really wrap my mind around the mess.
No one knows. The U.S. has become sysnonymous with protracted “military conflicts” that end in shambles.
Yes, it will end in shambles.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us ... 024-04-04/

US Secretary of State Blinken says Ukraine will be NATO member
April 4, 202411:42 AM CDT
BRUSSELS, April 4 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Thursday that Ukraine will eventually join NATO as support for the country remains "rock solid" among member states.
"Ukraine will become a member of NATO. Our purpose at the summit is to help build a bridge to that membership," Blinken told reporters in Brussels.
Putin has said that Russia will not tolerate Ukraine in NATO, as NATO would put nuclear missiles in Ukraine on Moscow's doorstep. The USA is doubling down, again, after losing the last hand of poker.

Ukraine has lost on the battlefield. You can see the latest uncensored developments of the war at this link: https://liveuamap.com/

The Russians pulled back to a well defended position 2 years ago, and have been shelling the Ukrainian troops 24/7. This resulted in 6 Ukrainian soldiers killed for every Russian soldier. There is no Ukrainian army, and the Russians are slowly advancing.

Just like at the Battle of Kursk in WWII, the Russians are taking control of the battlefield, and acquiring all of the tanks, howitzers, HIMARS and other arms left behind by the Ukrainians. I understand the Russians have at least 5 working US Abrams tanks now they are using for testing purposes, to find out the weaknesses for future conflicts.

So to "double down" after losing the last hand of poker, Antony Blinken wants to get Ukraine into NATO, which means any attack on Ukraine by Russia is an attack on all of NATO. Which means Blinken wants a full scale war between Russia and Western Europe - all in an election year, to help us forget that the Democrats are losing in the polls. Soon the Media will start beating the "Patriotism Drum".

I understand the USA is now trying to provoke a war with Iran at the same time. Like one war isn't enough.

The people that are running the USA are very, very dangerous, and they are also incompetent. The old guard of the Deep State (Kissinger, Brzezinski, etc.) would have never done something like this.

Russia has said that they will use nuclear weapons to defend their territory. Even if the USA wins, we will all lose.

Why does the USA hate Russia? I know, but I would love to hear your ideas.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:12 am
temporal1 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 pm April 2024

Assuming it actually happened and isn’t just wartime propaganda.

Cessna’s are a fairly expensive suicide tool and while I’m sure they have enough to use for several attempts, they are not cheap.

A 1967 152 is still 30k at the low end with a modern brand new 172 for 400k.

The 172 has a range of 600 miles so I’m guessing they used a bigger model or modified it. I’m guessing it would take them at least a day per to modify it for remote control and the communication gear could be jammed or taken over unless hardened or FaF. Basically they are making a cheaper and easier to intercept missile.

Now compare that to an Amazon drone. Easier to mass produce and throw in bulk. Primary issue is range.
Effectively, this is Ukraine attempting to be resourceful as the US is refusing to allow them use of “our” weapons on Russian soil strikes.

Two possibilities from Russia’s side. Either they did detect it and assumed friendly or they didn’t detect it which would be a very poor suggestion for their radar systems.
My guess is it was assumed friendly and after this attack, they won’t make that mistake again. This would never happen for US bases as we would have intercepted it and shot it down.

This is a poor attempt at a home built missile and they can build missiles in Ukraine. Likely their issue with long range missiles is support structures and fuel. They could likely get away with what NK used to do and fuel before launch with the more acidic fuels but they would still have to have the infrastructure to produce the fuel.
Ukraine is doing anything possible to take the Media away from the fact that they are losing the war.

That is why Ukraine sent the terrorists to Moscow and then loaded these planes with explosives. And that is why the Media is heavily reporting these events, to make us think that "Ukraine still has a chance."
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:06 am Putin has said that Russia will not tolerate Ukraine in NATO, as NATO would put nuclear missiles in Ukraine on Moscow's doorstep. The USA is doubling down, again, after losing the last hand of poker.
Russia having nukes in Ukraine doesn’t matter and Russia has said as much. Because of our more advanced nukes we moved closer (I don’t remember specifics) Putin already said we have nukes within range of 15 minutes or less from Moscow.
Ukraine has lost on the battlefield. You can see the latest uncensored developments of the war at this link: https://liveuamap.com/
While I personally believe a relatively bleak look on Ukraine, this doesn’t show or say Ukraine is losing. This is an information war and Ukraine is not going to publish their loses meaning the majority comes from either “independent” reporters… or Russian propaganda.
The Russians pulled back to a well defended position 2 years ago, and have been shelling the Ukrainian troops 24/7. This resulted in 6 Ukrainian soldiers killed for every Russian soldier. There is no Ukrainian army, and the Russians are slowly advancing

These statements don’t work. Russia is winning and Russia pulled back. Russia dug in over winter and Ukraine attacked. They lost badly like Russia did attacking. Now Russia is slowly advancing but the odds are favoring Ukraine. I’d say closer to 3 to 1 in Ukrainian favor for loss ratio. There is no 6/1 ratio going on and anyone claiming that is simple propaganda or a very specific spot.

Just like at the Battle of Kursk in WWII, the Russians are taking control of the battlefield, and acquiring all of the tanks, howitzers, HIMARS and other arms left behind by the Ukrainians. I understand the Russians have at least 5 working US Abrams tanks now they are using for testing purposes, to find out the weaknesses for future conflicts.
Propaganda again. If it’s functional, it retreated. Secondly, Russia already knows about our older Abrams so there is little to gain from testing, that is just propaganda. We haven’t committed high end tech and Russia hasn’t either. No one really knows how well they work but I can guarantee the rest of the powers are rapidly trying to secure their tanks against drone warfare that is seriously changing tactics.
So to "double down" after losing the last hand of poker, Antony Blinken wants to get Ukraine into NATO, which means any attack on Ukraine by Russia is an attack on all of NATO. Which means Blinken wants a full scale war between Russia and Western Europe - all in an election year, to help us forget that the Democrats are losing in the polls. Soon the Media will start beating the "Patriotism Drum".
He’s a politician. He is spouting traditional propaganda. This war isn’t a little thing. It’s a big deal that has a very strong probability of opening into a world war.
I understand the USA is now trying to provoke a war with Iran at the same time. Like one war isn't enough.
So is China, Russia, India and several other powers. This isn’t particularly noteworthy. We’ve been prodding at Russia, China and Iran for years.
The people that are running the USA are very, very dangerous, and they are also incompetent. The old guard of the Deep State (Kissinger, Brzezinski, etc.) would have never done something like this.
Kissinger? Really? I suggest your history books have some bias.
Russia has said that they will use nuclear weapons to defend their territory. Even if the USA wins, we will all lose.
Do you think we wouldn’t?
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

JohnHurt wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:09 am Ukraine is doing anything possible to take the Media away from the fact that they are losing the war.

That is why Ukraine sent the terrorists to Moscow and then loaded these planes with explosives. And that is why the Media is heavily reporting these events, to make us think that "Ukraine still has a chance."
The first is no different then what Russia does. Both sides want to convince you they are winning.

There is no factual evidence that Ukraine used Terrorists to attack a civilian position at this time.
0 x
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Soloist wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:46 am JohnHurt wrote: ↑Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:06 am
Putin has said that Russia will not tolerate Ukraine in NATO, as NATO would put nuclear missiles in Ukraine on Moscow's doorstep. The USA is doubling down, again, after losing the last hand of poker.
Russia having nukes in Ukraine doesn’t matter and Russia has said as much. Because of our more advanced nukes we moved closer (I don’t remember specifics) Putin already said we have nukes within range of 15 minutes or less from Moscow.
While I personally believe a relatively bleak look on Ukraine, this doesn’t show or say Ukraine is losing. This is an information war and Ukraine is not going to publish their loses meaning the majority comes from either “independent” reporters… or Russian propaganda.
Please back up what you say with some sort of evidence.

I gave you a link to prove that the war in Ukraine is lost. It is a real time map, that you can adjust the date parameters and see the advance of the Russian troops into Ukraine.

Look at the time progression of the war around Bakmut, Popasna, and at Avdiivka, where the Russians were doing a slow encirclement.

Here is an example of providing evidence to back up statements, from a 3/7/24 article by Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... d6455b4e70

It was a costly turn for the Ukrainians. The 47th Brigade—the main operator of Ukraine’s American-made heavy armor including M-1 Abrams tanks, M-2 Bradley fighting vehicles and Assault Breacher engineering vehicles—lost (according to analyst Andrew Perpetua) nearly 10 percent of its armor, including: three of the 69-ton, four-person M-1s; at least four of the 34-ton, 10-person M-2s; and two of the 65-ton, two-person Assault Breachers.
So yes, if you read between the pro-west propaganda, 4 M1 Abrams tanks have recently been captured by Russia, plus other equipment.

The Western Mainstream Media is lying to you, about this war, and just about everything else. We have to find media sources outside the USA to understand the true situation. The real time map is not lying, it is reporting incidents from various sources - mostly from the Ukrainian side.

https://liveuamap.com/

The war in Ukraine is lost. Russia has won. The foreign mercenaries are now leaving Ukraine because it is over. That is why Blinken wants Ukraine in NATO, to bring all of Western Europe into a war with Russia.

Almost all of the professional Ukrainian soldiers have been killed. Ukraine is now drafting school teachers and shop keepers to hold rifles and sit in trenches awaiting to be killed by Russian shell fire. 30,000 Ukrainian troops were killed in March alone. That is why the Russians are advancing with little opposition, there are not a lot of Ukrainian troops - who know how to fight - left to defend the lines.

This is the same way Russia defeated Germany on the battlefield. The Russian howitzer is called by the Russians "The God of War". They fire it from a distance and blow up the front lines. Russia has factories that can produce unlimited amounts of shells.

Look at the map each day, and you can see the shelling for that day, from the official Ukrainian reports.

The Russians also have superiority over the USA in hypersonic missile technology, drones and other weapons. The United States has greater technology in some areas, but less output. I understand some of the US tanks operate off high speed turbines, which creates a lot of heat and is easily seen by its heat signature.

This war in Ukraine would have never happened if the USA and CIA did not overthrow the democratically elected president of Ukraine in 2014.

The Democratic Party does not want to lose the war in Ukraine, because Ukraine is where they launder their money, through Burisma and other companies. That is why Schumer prevented the amendment by Rand Paul to make all funds sent to Ukraine under the Auditor General.

This war in Ukraine is the path to WWIII, just like the invasion of Poland in 1939. That is where we are.

The US population is against fighting in this war. They support Ukraine because of the US News Media, but they don't want to send their sons to die in Ukraine. Russia is the opposite.

Since the Terror Attack on Moscow, there has been a surge of Russian men volunteering to serve in the Russian army. They know that the USA CIA and Ukraine were behind the Moscow terrorists. The Moscow Terrorist attack was a very stupid idea, as it help solidify the Russian people behind Putin.

The people that run our country are incompetent. And it is not Biden and Blinken, they are only the sock puppets.

Have a great day.

John
0 x