Gaza's Irrational Hatred

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Gaza's Irrational Hatred

Post by Szdfan »

Robert wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 am I disagree. There is already some Palestinians and Muslims in the Knesset.
I'm doing some reading both for and against calling Israel an "apartheid state" and a lot of it depends on technicalities (as these things usually do).

In regards to the claim that Israel isn't a apartheid state because there are Arabs in the Knesset, I am seeing a counterargument that points out Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) was an apartheid state even though it had a few black legislators and that South Africa was an apartheid state even though Nelson Mandela was a lawyer. In other words, it's possible for a country to have a few members of the oppressed minority still working within the system and still be oppressing those minorities.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

Robert wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 am
JohnHurt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:45 pm The State of Israel is an Apartheid nation that has made the original native population of Palestine into non-citizens. Let the Palestinian people vote. That is the only hope for peace in the Middle East.
I am surprised you would use the UN to define Zionism. I would not.

I disagree. There is already some Palestinians and Muslims in the Knesset.

The Palestinian people are under represented in the Knesset by being denied the right to vote, and for several other reasons.

Wikipedia is a tool of the Establishment, but if you read between the lines, you can find some truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... efinitions

If you look at the "Demographics of Israeli and Palestinian Territories", on the left side of the chart, a lot of the people classified as "Israeli" are really Palestinians who have Israeli citizenship. Under the "by Ethno Religious Group" on the right side, looking at the total number of Palestinian people compared to Jewish - in all territories controlled by the State of Israel, they are just about evenly matched, with the Jewish residents of Palestine having 50.7% of the total number of residents.

But they are no where close to being evenly matched in the Knesset. The Palestinian people are being denied the right to vote.

In this article about who can vote in Israel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Israel
" Suffrage is universal to all Israeli citizens above the age of 18."
So, you are only allowed to vote if you are a citizen of Israel.

In this article about who can be a citizen in Israel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_citizenship_law
Every Jew has the unrestricted right to immigrate to Israel and become an Israeli citizen. Individuals born within the country receive citizenship at birth if at least one parent is a citizen. Non-Jewish foreigners may naturalize after living there for at least three years while holding permanent residency and demonstrating proficiency in the Hebrew language. Naturalizing non-Jews are additionally required to renounce their previous nationalities, while Jewish immigrants are not subject to this requirement.
This "right to citizenship" is how they deny the vote to the Palestinians on racial lines. A "Jew" doesn't have to learn Hebrew, hold a permanent residency card, or give up his previous citizenship to become a citizen of Israel. But the Palestinians do. This is racism.

So, as a Palestinian, if you can't speak Hebrew "perfectly", or if you have some sort of "infraction" that prevents you from getting a permanent residency card - or they just don't give the card to you at all, then you will never be a citizen and never be able to vote.

I am certain the people living in Gaza do not have permanent residency cards. And even if they learn Hebrew, the Zionists will never let these people vote.

The other way the Israelis disenfranchise the Palestinian voters is by murdering them. This is what is happening in Gaza right now.

What is happening in Gaza has been going on since 1948.

Here is the Qibya Massacre, where Ariel Sharon brutally killed the civilians of Palestine:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qibya_massacre

Ariel Sharon was also invovled in the Sabra and Shatila massacre, where 3,500 civilians were killed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and ... a_massacre

So these dead people have all been denied the right to vote in Israel.

I met a nice man whose family had a farm outside Bethlehem. They raised dates and had a very large vineyard operation. The farm had been in their family for generations. At 5:00 am, Israeli troops surrounded their home, forcibly pulled them from their rooms, and dynamited all 4 corners of the house. The next year, the State of Israel built a "settlement" where their house had been, surrounded by barbed wire so that they could never get their land back. So he and his family came to America to start over.
This man is also being denied the right to vote in Israel.

So what if there are "token Palestinians" that vote in the Knesset? Does anyone even know what they think about Gaza? Does anyone care? Their votes don't matter, do they? It is all rigged to work only one way.

What about the people in Gaza? Don't they have a right to vote about the current military operation that is killing 250 civilians a day in their own neighborhoods? They are inside the boundaries of Israel, aren't they? No, they don't have the right to vote either.

Before 1948, everyone had the right to vote. Palestine was an "open country" that welcomed people of all faiths to visit and live there. That is why the Jews who were not Zionists were able to peaceably migrate to Palestine.

Zionism became a political reality with the Irgun and Stern criminal gangs terrorizing Palestine.
The Irgun and Stern Gangs were the "Jewish Mafia" that blew up the King David Hotel to kill British soldiers in 1946:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

Menachem Begin, who later became the Prime Minister of Israel, was the head of the Irgun criminal gang when they killed the British soldiers in 1946. He was a Zionist murderer. He was never brought to justice.

No wonder the Zionists don't want anyone else to vote. They would all go to jail if free elections were held there. They are all criminals, running a criminal enterprise. They should rename "The State of Israel" to "Murder, Inc."

And the other tragedy is that the murderous activities of these Zionists have tarnished the reputation of all Jews, even the ones that oppose Zionism. The Zionists do not speak for all Jews. And you are not Anti-Semitic for being Anti-Zionist.

If you believe that all men have the right to live in peace, and all men have the right to vote, then you are opposed to Zionism, because the Zionists do not believe that non-Jews have these rights.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Robert wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:01 am
JohnHurt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:45 pm The State of Israel is an Apartheid nation that has made the original native population of Palestine into non-citizens. Let the Palestinian people vote. That is the only hope for peace in the Middle East.
I am surprised you would use the UN to define Zionism. I would not.

I disagree. There is already some Palestinians and Muslims in the Knesset.

After looking at the list you provided of political parties in the Knesset, I could only find two political parties that were representing the Palestinian people:

The Ra'am party with 5 representatives on the Knesset, and the

Ta'al party with just one representative.

So just 6 Palestinian representatives out of 120 voting members in the Knesset - with these 6 members expected to represent nearly 50% of the people living in Israel - it looks obvious that there is a great deal of voter suppression in the State of Israel.
2 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Where are the Jews in the Muslim countries?
0 x
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

RZehr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:10 am Where are the Jews in the Muslim countries?
Are Muslims forced to have Jews in their countries?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:10 am Where are the Jews in the Muslim countries?
Lots of them. Historically. The Ottoman Empire had many.

In recent history most have migrated to Western countries or to Israel, mostly for economic opportunities. Your average Yemeni Jew would rather live in America or Israel instead of in a third world impoverished war zone.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Most countries in the middle east had substantial Jewish populations going back centuries or millennia.

Most Jews were forced out due to overt actions by Arab/Muslim governments in the 1940s and 1950s or just the fact that it was no longer safe for them to remain living within majority Muslim populations. Many lost all their property and wealth when they had to flee, mostly to Israel, the US, or to a lesser degree, Western Europe.

The Arab world in the 1940s and 1950s basically made it clear that they were not interested in maintaining multi-ethnic and multi-faith societies.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Szdfan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:15 am I'm going to point back to the February 2022 report I linked to earlier by Amnesty International accusing Israel of apartheid.
I have not found them to be very credible in other matters.

I am not saying there Israel is a bastion of open societies. I am sure there is work to be done. I am sure some hold the 5000 rockets sent into civilian targets against Palestinians in general. I am sure it could be better. I just do not see Israeli's raping, beheading, and executing Palestinians.

I really do not feel like justifying Israel other than saying they have a right to exist. There are many conflicts that are just as bad, if not worse around the world. I will leave my defense of them in this last post about it. Nothing I say will affect the conflict there or any minds here.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
JohnHurt

Post by JohnHurt »

Robert wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 pm I really do not feel like justifying Israel other than saying they have a right to exist.
The people of Palestine also have a right to exist.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

JohnHurt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:39 pm The people of Palestine also have a right to exist.
Yes, they do. I have stated this multiple times.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.