Targets in Syria and Iraq

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Targets in Syria and Iraq

Post by Soloist »

Grace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:04 pm
Might be worth reading up on the military conflicts our last president ordered.

The last president believed in peace through strength. He did some shifting in the military in the Middle East, like sending 2,000 troops to Saudi Arabia to help them defend against Iran or the Houthis. Look what we have now, Iran has been enriched due to Biden's changes and the Houthis have no fear. Since the moment Biden took office, he turned his head to the sanctions that our nation had prior. The Iranian ghost armada has grown from 60 ships to 300 ships, taking Iranian or Russian oil, and selling it to China, now to the tune of a billion dollars a week. So Biden allowed Iran to make a billion dollars a week now to fund terrorists

Biden's administration is one of weakness, appeasement, emboldening countries like Russia, and empowering Iran.

Trump, on the other hand, was big mouthed, crazy and unpredictable, something the nation's enemies feared.
I work for an officer in the Navy, we have done more tactical strikes then you appear to be aware of. There is some discussion about an actual attack on Iran but I don’t know the details.
Can you be unbiased when you analyze it? It seems like you are ignoring the multiple strikes the President has ordered.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Soloist wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:11 pm
Might be worth reading up on the military conflicts our last president ordered.

The last president believed in peace through strength. He did some shifting in the military in the Middle East, like sending 2,000 troops to Saudi Arabia to help them defend against Iran or the Houthis. Look what we have now, Iran has been enriched due to Biden's changes and the Houthis have no fear. Since the moment Biden took office, he turned his head to the sanctions that our nation had prior. The Iranian ghost armada has grown from 60 ships to 300 ships, taking Iranian or Russian oil, and selling it to China, now to the tune of a billion dollars a week. So Biden allowed Iran to make a billion dollars a week now to fund terrorists

Biden's administration is one of weakness, appeasement, emboldening countries like Russia, and empowering Iran.

Trump, on the other hand, was big mouthed, crazy and unpredictable, something the nation's enemies feared.
I work for an officer in the Navy, we have done more tactical strikes then you appear to be aware of. There is some discussion about an actual attack on Iran but I don’t know the details.
Can you be unbiased when you analyze it? It seems like you are ignoring the multiple strikes the President has ordered.
Yes, Trump did talk about attacking Iraq, but was talked out of it by his advisers. Also I am not denying that Trump had multiple strikes, but that is why the nation's enemies feared him. Those strikes were minimal in comparison to the wars we have now, some of which are indirectly due to Biden's weakness and poor policies.

I will be as unbiased as some others on this board...LOL.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Grace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:20 pm
Yes, Trump did talk about attacking Iraq, but was talked out of it by his advisers. Also I am not denying that Trump had multiple strikes, but that is why the nation's enemies feared him. Those strikes were minimal in comparison to the wars we have now, some of which are indirectly due to Biden's weakness and poor policies.

I was talking about Biden and Iran.

I prefer the military concept of “speak softly and carry a big stick”
What “conflicts” is the US involved in right now? And what “conflicts” were we in with Pres Trump? Do you know?
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Soloist wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:11 pm

Seems like to follow the logic here, more bombs and attacks by a US President Biden, would make him more dangerous and unpredictable to his enemies. And a President Trump who did fewer, would be feared less.

At least that argument would make sense to me.

I would imagine if the stats were reversed Republicans would argue that Biden doesn’t demand fear and respect from his enemies as much as Trump, because Trump bombed more. But we are to believe that they feared him in spite or because he had less bombing?
It’s just strange how people twist issues to put their favored politician in the more favorable light. What is so hard about giving credit where credit is due? (I don’t have any credit in mind specifically.)
1 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Soloist wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:25 pm

I was talking about Biden and Iran.

I prefer the military concept of “speak softly and carry a big stick”
What “conflicts” is the US involved in right now? And what “conflicts” were we in with Pres Trump? Do you know?
I am sorry, I meant to say that Trump did talk about attacking Iran, not Iraq.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Seems like to follow the logic here, more bombs and attacks by a US President Biden, would make him more dangerous and unpredictable to his enemies. And a President Trump who did fewer, would be feared less.

I would imagine if the stats were reversed Republicans would argue that Biden doesn’t demand fear and respect from his enemies as much as Trump, because Trump bombed more. But we are to believe that they feared him in spite or because he had less bombing?
It’s just strange how people twist issues to put their favored politician in the more favorable light. What is so hard about giving credit where credit is due? (I don’t have any credit in mind specifically.)
I think they feared Trump because he was forceful, and unpredictable. They never knew when a surprise stealth attack would happen, like the killing of Soleimani. One day it was in the news, he was killed without any forewarning. With Biden, how many days was his administration warning he will attack, after the three service people were killed? Three days, four days? Plenty of time for them to prepare.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Grace wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm

I think they feared Trump because he was forceful, and unpredictable. They never knew when a surprise stealth attack would happen, like the killing of Soleimani. One day it was in the news, he was killed without any forewarning. With Biden, how many days was his administration warning he will attack, after the three service people were killed? Three days, four days? Plenty of time for them to prepare.
I really objected to that attack. Assassination of a military leader of a country we are not at war with. Just declare war or demand they turn him over or declare war. Biden has used our military more honorably not that it’s a very high bar.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I agree that the killing if Soleimani was a surprise and a shocking move. So there is that.

On the other hand, listening to Republicans and Trump on Ukraine? Vs. Biden? Complete opposite. Seems like Trump would have rolled right on over and let Russia take Ukraine. He might not have if he was in office. He may be ramping up his rhetoric just because it is a tool to criticize the incumbent he wishes to replace. Nonetheless, Ukraine is a big deal, and in the face of it, Biden seems to be more willing to wield the sword than Trump sounds like.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:38 pm

I agree that the killing if Soleimani was a surprise and a shocking move. So there is that.

On the other hand, listening to Republicans and Trump on Ukraine? Vs. Biden? Complete opposite.

Seems like Trump would have rolled right on over and let Russia take Ukraine. He might not have if he was in office.
He may be ramping up his rhetoric just because it is a tool to criticize the incumbent he wishes to replace.
Nonetheless, Ukraine is a big deal, and in the face of it, Biden seems to be more willing to wield the sword than Trump sounds like.

This is the clip i viewed IRT, i think in 2019:

RADIO FREE EUROPE / Trump To Zelenskiy: I Really Hope You Get Together With Putin, 'Solve Your Problem' / 1min
✏️ Description:
U.S. President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy have met on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York. In the September 25 meeting, Trump said European countries should "help Ukraine much more than they are doing."

Originally published at - https://www.rferl.org/a/trump-to-zele...

This was very brief, what was meant was/is pure speculation, i’m aware, some speculate awful intentions by DJT. (of course)

i speculate this was good+wise counsel, DJT to Z, i.e., use diplomacy, avoid war!

i further speculate, Zelensky’s “horrified” facial expression was because he’d already conspired with “The Left-West” about magnificent war. By the time Russia acted, The Left-West was ready to go, Zelensky snapped his fingers, off they went. 🔥
Choreographed. There was no surprise involved.

It was nothing like Pearl Harbor or 9-11-2001.
It was a couple of years before the U.S. responded to 9-11. (In addition to being all-wrong.)

It was a brief moment. i think DJT was right and his advice was gold. Zelensky was already in deep.
Unfortunately, the massive MIC was “locked+loaded,” it’s almost impossible to stop a party that’s “all dressed up and ready to go.”

[From where i sit.]
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace

Post by Grace »

RZehr post_id=220041 time=1706992719 user_id=64]

On the other hand, listening to Republicans and Trump on Ukraine? Vs. Biden? Complete opposite. Seems like Trump would have rolled right on over and let Russia take Ukraine. He might not have if he was in office. He may be ramping up his rhetoric just because it is a tool to criticize the incumbent he wishes to replace. Nonetheless, Ukraine is a big deal, and in the face of it, Biden seems to be more willing to wield the sword than Trump sounds like.
If Trump would be president, Russia probably would not have attack Ukraine. In the end Russia will take Ukraine anyway.
0 x