Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by Sudsy »

Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:27 pm
Sudsy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:25 pm To whom it may concern -

And before it is pointed out that this thread is 'being offered', the thread itself is putting a limit on who can participate, 'complainers only'. What is the problem with keeping this forum open ? I have my suspicions but will not get into that.
Is it really that hard to ignore things you don’t like?
Ditto. :)
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Sudsy

Re: Complainers Thread

Post by Sudsy »

Soloist wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:41 am
Soloist wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:26 pm The most recent poll has no abstain vote option! Heretical!!!
Wife: You think he's complaining now, you should see how much he complains when I bring home Twizzlers. He's like the candy Nazi.
Twizzlers, one of my favourites. I just finished off a bag and put another on our grocery list. :up:

Whoops. I guess that could put this on the 'Bunny Trails' thread as it is not a complaint.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: How do you discern which parts of the New Testament are Applicable for Christians today?

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:41 am So the 'Great Commission' was addressed to the eleven disciples Mattew 28:16-20. Yet there are no references to these disciples ever baptizing as this text reads they were to do it. There is also no reference that any were baptised other than by immersion.
Nor any reference that any were baptized by immersion....
0 x
Sudsy

Re: How do you discern which parts of the New Testament are Applicable for Christians today?

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:27 pm
Sudsy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:41 am So the 'Great Commission' was addressed to the eleven disciples Mattew 28:16-20. Yet there are no references to these disciples ever baptizing as this text reads they were to do it. There is also no reference that any were baptised other than by immersion.
https://www.topicalbiblestudies.com/the ... ptism.html

Not that I agree with this explanation about all his views on baptism but I do agree that immersion is the biblical mode for water baptism.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:55 pm

Not that I agree with this explanation about all his views on baptism but I do agree that immersion is the biblical mode for water baptism.
Not with me you don't! :D
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:58 pm

So, if the mode is unimportant in water baptism, then the style of headcovering is unimportant too regardless of how much of the head it covers or if it has strings attached, translucent, etc., right ? Or if the elements for remembering the Lord's Supper is also just symbolic, then grape juice can replace wine and crackers replace unleavened bread. Foot washing replaced by some other act that fits the culture but has the same meaning. Men raising hands in prayer replaced by some other modern day way to pray. And pray in some other way than how Jesus told his disciples to pray (the Lord's Prayer) when they asked how they should pray. Fast by giving up something you like to do rather than it include food.

Who decides when something is to be taken literally and when there are alternative way(s) that have the same meaning ? Does a church decide how it's members must practise these or is that an individual personal conviction area ?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:09 pm

So, if the mode is unimportant in water baptism, then the style of headcovering is unimportant too regardless of how much of the head it covers or if it has strings attached, translucent, etc., right ? Or if the elements for remembering the Lord's Supper is also just symbolic, then grape juice can replace wine and crackers replace unleavened bread. Foot washing replaced by some other act that fits the culture but has the same meaning. Men raising hands in prayer replaced by some other modern day way to pray. And pray in some other way than how Jesus told his disciples to pray (the Lord's Prayer) when they asked how they should pray. Fast by giving up something you like to do rather than it include food.

Who decides when something is to be taken literally and when there are alternative way(s) that have the same meaning ? Does a church decide how it's members must practise these or is that an individual personal conviction area ?
So many questions!!! But you start off with an implication that I said something I didn't say, so then the rest becomes somewhat irrelevant.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:28 pm
Sudsy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:09 pm

So many questions!!! But you start off with an implication that I said something I didn't say, so then the rest becomes somewhat irrelevant.
Whatever. :roll:
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

I see no discussion about bunnies here… why drag politics into a perfectly good thread?
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat